Post by starscoundrel72 on Dec 1, 2014 13:05:07 GMT -5
Hello everyone. I have only been playing Templar Assault Elite for a short period of time, but I am quite taken with it, and it seems to get every free moment of time at present. It is a phenomenal game, and I a enjoying it tremendously. I have noticed that the developers are very active on the forum and seem to really pay attention to user feedback, so I would like to pose some requests for future updates:
1. More intelligent FDF. Thus far, the only enemies I have uncovered who use ranged weapons are the traitor FDF. It each mission in which I have encountered them so far, it seems they use the same AI as the xenos, i.e. they run right up to the Templars before opening fire. This makes killing them before they can pose a real threat pretty simple. I would really love to see them use their ranged weapons to better effect by sometimes hanging back and opening fire from greater range. Not only would they pose a greater challenge in battle, but it wouldn't feel like I am battling xenos with different skins. Going further, perhaps there could be some human enemies optimized for ranged combat who would hang back and fire from a distance, while others could be optimized for melee and would charge the Templars where possible?
2. Traitor Templars? I don't know if anything like this shows up in later missions, but I thought it would make for an interesting-and very bloody-game if the player was able to square off against Traitor Templars.
3. Door operation. I would love to see doors that would require player action to be opened. Perhaps switches could be flipped to open them? This could add to the challenge of some missions if the player would have to flip a switch in one place in order to open a door in another. Further, if the player could close doors against the enemy, it would allow for an interesting means of giving the player some respite against huge waves of enemies.
4. Enhanced AI. I think the xenos AI does the job pretty well, but one element I would like to see tweaked is xenos' persistence in chasing the player's troops. I have noticed that if my squad is being chased by a hellish number of xenos, all they have to do to reach safety is flat out run until they are about 6-8 squares away from the closest xeno. Once the distance is great enough, it seems the xenos stop chasing. They would feel far more dangerous if they at least kept running in last seen direction of the Templars, rather than just stopping once the Templars are out of sight.
5. Escort missions. Again, I have not played all campaigns, so I do not know if anything like this already exists, but I would love to see some missions in which the Templars have to escort some sort of vulnerable VIP through dangerous locations. The VIP could be player controlled but very weak and unarmed. He/she would have to reach an extraction zone in order for the player to complete the mission.
6. Psionics! Would really like to see Templar command troopers who can use Psionics in combat. Psionic powers could include offensive abilities (smite-y stuff), mind control (to get the enemy to fight among themselves), intel (detecting enemies at a distance), healing, and defense (temporarily boosting target's defense/armor value). Would also be great to face off against enemies with psionic abilities. Having a member of your squad fall victim to mind control and begin anything nearby-that would be priceless!