I wanted to start a tread dealing with new ideas or things that may come down the road to this great game. To me this game reminds me of a cross between the old RPG game fading suns and Dune.
1) To the victor -I would love to see some type of reward for the house that wins say a war or dual since these fights can last for years. I was thinking maybe refueling at the losers planets at a discount, or they use the five card system to see what the reward might be for anyone who played a major role in a war or dual.
2) another bug hunt- maybe have the Xenos infest an important or unimportant sector as a story arc running for a year or two.
3) Ill be back - an AI rebellion on a world or entire sector.
4) Unlimited power!! - a cult of psionic or rogue Templers move against the players house or contacts
5) He's dead Jim - zombie plague hits a planet.
What do you guys think what would you want to see added??
Also will we get CO-OP.
maybe if we can flesh out story arcs the devs will use them.
#1 - conflict victories are handled either by story or by proc gen. All contacts on either side of a win/lose are either hurt or improved by it. #2 - agreed!! #4 - no psionics in the world though. no magic #5 - there will be plagues, but there won't be zombies
We've got a huge story roadmap ahead of us and are just really getting past the incoming from the launch of EA to start working on it again!
Thank you for answering. The #3) Was about Artificial Intelligence or robot rebellion but I'm not sure how that fits into the Lore. I have seen some of the improvements and updates and have to say you guys work fast.
These are some other ideas you might like. 1)Slavers - They would grab some of your crew, and not just say your inventory. The factions are always looking for a few good people this way they get them for free.. I mean under contact. 2)Bounty's for Great Xeno Beasts- Hunting rare great Beasts in the wild as a bounty 3)rare suit of power armor - I'm sure a lot of research and development gets done in the wild lands...until something goes wrong.
4) outpost/ base for pirates- Where do all those pirates go after they pillage...tomb worlds, wild lands, hidden bases.
Post by Tomas of Moklumnue on Dec 21, 2017 18:42:41 GMT -5
To be fair, after my experience with some other game franchises, i would say that Psionics doesn't entirely count as "magic", per se. It surely transcend materialism, but it could be explained by the simple laws of physics, whether we know them in detail or not. The idea that a sentient mind can have some sort of effect in the material plane is...interesting, to say the least. I guess it depends on your idea of what magic is.
Tomas of Moklumnue - understood that in some books it isn't magic. I was just responding as I usually do -- no magic, which for me at least, is enough of a blanket statement to say, no psionics as well. Sorry, there are beyond-science elements in STF, but we're sticking to the ones that are an established part of the canon, or those that evolve through the STF storyline!
Any level of science in a civ that is at a much greater level another level of science from a different civ will appear to be what we would call Magic to the lower level civ. If you were bearded and blonde with a hand gun back in the Viking age they would think your Thor with your hammer.
How about STF Novels in the future. I think with the long and well developed history of the ST universe you guys could be looking at a gold mine.
Will we see a heretic war story arc?- player starts on one mission and as time goes on some of their missions seem connected. A lot of cloak and dagger leading zealots to war with heretics.
Love the duel of assassins and conflicts between the factions!!
Is there a main group of law enforcing zealots with the faction zealots being small branches of this main group? If not are there zealots that want to see this happen?
And last something to remember Traders- In the end the Void always wins...Always.
Do you think we will ever see a story arc involving a chameleon type race infiltrating the worlds and factions of STF. You would not know who you could trust as the race puts faction against faction using inside agents. You could have Exo-scouts and spys leading the way as to the discovery of this Xeno-plot. The general Arc could look something like this.
1) Players sent on 2 or 3 linked missions by a trusted contact.
2) Players find out that they trusted contact is a Xeno-Chaemelon
3) Contact has to flee and is hunted down by the players in the wilds or on a low level tech planet.
4) Players find out about the Xeno-plot
5) What do they do? Sell the information to the factions, Only tell their own faction or just its Zelots, Tell no one since you don't know who you can trust, investigate more.
6) What happens next?
This is a very cloak and dagger arc but I think overall it might fit this world setting. I know this world has its own Xeno types but the void is vast and full of terrors.
Within the Star Traders lore, all known xenomorphs are ravaging killing machines. A chameleon race is unfortunately not something that would fit in STF.
Before the Guild War, the Narvidian hijacked the Guild's FTL communication network and used this against them to deceive, manipulate and eventually completely control the Guild. To this day, it is why Shalun Law outlaws FTL comms tech. You can never really trust it. This is why a Star Trader is often payed to take messages around the galaxy as well