Star Traders: Frontiers Update #115: Face the Void Nov 14, 2018 1:11:20 GMT -5 strega and resistor like this
Post by fallen on Nov 14, 2018 1:11:20 GMT -5
Update #115 is a run down of suggestions and bug reports coming off the Steam boards and from Discord bundled into a delicious and spicy update.
A huge thanks to the team here on the Steam boards who created the barks suggestion threads. We've pulled another 30 great ideas from that thread and slotted them into the game.
Grenades have been for a long time used your highest weapon Skill -- Blades, Rifles or Pistols -- for their accuracy. They have also for a long time been defended by melee defense. After a review of this, we've found it unfairly giving preference to the defender (who are always in the front 2 rows and likely packing melee defense) and basically nerfing grenades. Update #115 changes the rules for grenades -- you still use your best weapon Skill for attack, but defenders must defend the attack as a ranged attack.
Once mutinies started, they had a habit of coming very quickly and very badly. The landslide often made it hard to reach a landing zone without a few on board. We've now added a throttle to how quickly the crew can mutiny again -- giving you at least a few turns to run for safe harbor.
As explorers and salvagers build up larger and larger piles of stashes, they have become harder to manage. With this update, the stash list is now automatically sorted by distance when you open it. This will meet most of the requests from players to find the stashes they want faster, but we'll keep an ear open to see if follow on improvements are required.
Long Game Story Vignettes
As the game progresses, every few years the story system determines when to insert new stories into the game. If you then come across a landing zone that matches the criteria (a specific faction, or often just any urban landing zone) you then encounter the start of that story vignette, be it long or short. As we continue to add more vignettes to the game, this makes finding them all in a single play through require more and more years as a captain. To offset this, we've added a system that slowly increases the pace of how quickly stories are added as each decade ticks by. As your captains get more advanced, they'll meet more stories faster, which makes room for us to be able to add more stories! So yes, another big vignette is coming.
v2.4.27 - 11/14/2018
- Stash locations are now sorted by distance, nearest to farthest
- Grenade Attacks are now rolled against enemy's ranged defense, no longer melee (better for attacker)
- Added 30 new barks for Traits, systems and landing zones
- Fixed issues with Talents that added +Range Change Bonus but also added -Escape debuff (Forward Thrusters, etc)
- Improved "Rugged" Trait to include Fortitude and Bleeding Res
- Adjusted the pacing of new story vignettes being added in the later game, increasing the pace after each major decade
- Added a throttle mechanism on Mutiny so that they cannot repeat immediately
- Improved post combat report when using Talents like Dubious Handshake and Skip Off the Void
- Improved messages in starport about why components cannot be installed (price, mass, starport ratings, faction)
- Cleaned up story objective duplicates that could appear with Arbiter's deadline