Star Traders: Frontiers Update #116: Opening Moves Nov 16, 2018 13:50:05 GMT -5 strega likes this
Post by fallen on Nov 16, 2018 13:50:05 GMT -5
Update #117 rolls out with some exciting new improvements for Save Slots and permadeath games, faster and easier Navigation for Rumors, Contacts and Systems as well as some new improvements to Spice Hall Recruit, the story, consults and barks.
Setting up Permadeath
Permadeath settings have never allowed Save Slots which unfortunately has removed the ability to use Save Slots to store the setup of your game, crew and officers. We've changed these rules to now allow Save Slots for permadeath games within the first 12 weeks (120 Turns). This gives you ample time to run the first Arbiter Mission, promote or fire officers, assign outfits to your crew, name your crew and whatever type of "setup" you like to do as a new captain. Then, save the permadeath game to a Save Slot before 210.15 AE! If your captain is lost to the void or takes a terrible wrong turn, you can always come back to this early setup Save Slot for a quick restore.
With this update, we've added both a Waypoint and Navigate Now button to the details screens for Contacts, Rumors and System Atlas to match those buttons found in Missions. This allows faster navigation, reducing the overall number of clicks and now also allowing you to pick Navigate Now from any screen, which will jump you back to the main quadrant map and start your ship into motion immediately.
Extended Conflict Details
To match the level of detail available for Rumors, we've moved the list of effects of Conflicts into their own dedicate tooltip, fixed some overlap issues on some screen sizes, and expanded the descriptive text for these political battles and alliances. Now, with room to grow the description, we'll be working on even more detail here in future updates.
Story, Consults and Barks
We've made an improvement to the very early game for the Arbiter's storyline. You will only meet the Faen if you engage the Arbiter. Stopping by their world before talking to her will no longer jump the story forward and skip her first mission. Thanks to all the players pushing us to improve this.
We've added 15 new Rumor-based barks from the Steam community thread -- thanks to the community members for making that gold mine
Finally, we're working hard to improve the Consult system and to make it more helpful in terms of both a tutorial and providing character depth for your officers. With this update, we've added new Consults, including discussing Fuel rules and their lore, further details on Cargo and then improved a number of the existing Consults. We're looking at more ways to make Consult work like it does for Desertion -- automatically popping up in the right situations to help guide first time players.
v2.4.29 - 11/16/2018
- Save Slots now available for games featuring Captain Permadeath for the first 12 weeks -- setup your game and save it
- Clicking on a crew type row in Spice Hall Recruit brings up more details about that job
- Story improvement - landing on the Faen world will not immediately jump the Arbiter there, story only activates if you engage the Arbiter
- Easy to use Waypoint / Navigate buttons now added to Contact / Rumors / System Atlas details
- Allowing immediately "Navigate Now" from any screen, not limited to quadrant map
- Improved tooltip over Conflicts, now includes extended set of details of rules
- Tooltips for full Conflict details also now available in Selling Intel screens
- Added new Officer Consults, improved existing consults
- Added 15 new Rumor barks from Steam community thread
- Fixed pricing issues with Arcanum Freighter and Zartar Fang faction-specific ships
- Fixed bugs with Orbital Disaster Rumor -- Engineers now available to recruit, starport completely closed