Star Traders: Frontiers Update #117 Officers, Fire Again! Nov 25, 2018 23:06:03 GMT -5 strega, xdesperado, and 2 more like this
Post by fallen on Nov 25, 2018 23:06:03 GMT -5
With Update #117, we've rolled out one of the top requested feature with Repeat Last Firing Orders, rebalanced the Mass of M3400 and M5000 Void Engines, improved the Talent and Trait bonuses for Salvage enemy ships, made Steel Song harder to bribe and improve the descriptions for orbital ops cards.
We're back on station after the holiday and will be hammering on relentless updates again! Let's get this roadmap moving Thanks to everyone for sharing the game and leaving a review!
Repeat Firing Order
Within ship combat, we have added the ability to click repeat the weapon firing orders from the previous turn. For those captains who keep to a ship built for fighting at a certain range, this can save a lot of repeat clicks every combat. If the weapons from last turn are damaged over 60% or no longer viable due to range, they won't refire. Click and go!
Void Engine Mass
On the Steam forum's this week, ImperiousRex helped identify some Mass oddities with some of the mass classes of ships. With Update #117, we've started on some adjustments for the M3400 and M5000 class ships, reducing the mass of their Void Engine components. The M3400 Engines have dropped 300 Mass down to 400 total and the M5000 Engines have dropped 100 mass to 700.
The maximum prize for salvaging a human ship is $26,500. However, this maximum was previously applied *after* Traits and Talents were applied, making these Traits and Talents less valuable. We've re-ordered the math to apply the maximum *before* the Traits and Talents are applied. The log entry for the salvage operation also now indicates if the maximum value of $26,500 was hit to make this rule more clear.
v2.4.31 - 11/25/2018
- Repeat Last Firing orders in ship combat re-fires all the weapons fired the turn before, if they are in range and not disabled by damage
- Steel Song captains are now more expensive to Bribe as Steel Song recruits are so likely to have Trait Terrifying
- Reduced mass of M3400 Void Engines from 700 to 400 freeing up extra mass for other components
- Reduced mass of M5000 Void Engines from 800 to 700 freeing up extra mass for other components
- Result log for salvaging an enemy ship after victory indicates when you have reached the maximum value of $26,500 for a human ship
- Changed order of operations in value for salvaging enemy ship -- Traits and Talent bonuses are applied on top of the maximum value of $26,500
- Improved "Time Lost" and "Orbital Delays" cards to be more descriptive of Fuel and Turns lost
- Fixed issue with overlapping dialogs in mission offers for some story missions