Star Traders: Frontiers Update #121: Void Liner Dec 16, 2018 14:40:34 GMT -5 strega, xdesperado, and 2 more like this
Post by fallen on Dec 16, 2018 14:40:34 GMT -5
Update #121 includes new character faces, more dangerous enemy AI, rebalanced Assassin Talent, and is paving the shipping lane for the next major roadmap item. Just in time for the holiday, we've got another big update here with exciting goodies. Next up, we should see something truly terrifying (xeno variety) -- so enjoy the good stuff!
New Faces Around the Ship
Now that the project to improve the rendering, placement and proportion of feminine faces is complete, we're opening up the gates on new faces. With 4 new ones released last release, we've finished the next 3 to include here. While we're adding hew female faces, we're also starting the (large) project to improve the rendering, placement and proportion of all the male faces in the game, and then we'll promptly expand that catalog as well with exciting new options.
The enemy's team building AI and specifically the AI builder behind Assassin's Talents has gotten smarter. The team builder for crew combat teams is better capable of delivering well-balanced teams that have the variety of Talents needed for synergy and victory. The Assassin's builds are more focused on core skills to ensure the combatant is dangerous in their signature way.
Talking about the Assassin, we've reduced the Initiative cost of their Gliding Advance bufff to 8 from 10.
We're also continuing the project to add more card art for all of the mini-games with a particular focus on the orbital ops at the moment. We've added new cards for all Intel and Credit rewards.
We've improved the event list log for Rare Trade Goods transactions, fixed some bugs in gear and a bug with the Discerning Glance Talent that was revealing all Traits from characters. We fixed the ship status button in ship and crew combat to match its icon in other places.
A huge thanks to everyone pointing out bugs and making suggestions to improve the game!
v2.4.41 - 12/16/2018
- Added 3 new female character faces
- Rebuilt AI builder for Assassin enemies -- far better at picking Talents as individuals and across the team
- Improved enemy AI's logic of picking and positioning ground combat crews -- more variety, better starting placement
- Reduced Assassin's "Gliding Advance" Talent to Initiative cost of 8
- Terrox Xeno hunters now have a death animation when slain
- Added new card art for all Intel and Credit reward cards to Orbital Ops
- Fixed issue with ship report after ship combat reporting all components even if 0% damage
- Fixed issue with Discerning Glance learning all Traits
- Fixed Accuracy bonus for "XK Burst Ammo" gear to be Ranged Accuracy
- Restored missing thumbs to female character models and fixed other oddities in certain outfits
- Improved Event List entry for selling Rare Trade Goods
- Fixed Ship Status button in ship and crew combat to use the correct icon