Save 25% and Star Traders: Frontiers Update #123: Year End Dec 28, 2018 17:00:29 GMT -5 strega, resistor, and 1 more like this
Post by fallen on Dec 28, 2018 17:00:29 GMT -5
Perhaps the last update of 2018, #123 brings the curtain down on an year. We want to thank everyone in our community who helped bolster us, share feedback, help improve the game, loop their friends in, review the game or lend advice, help or support to another player. We could not have gotten here without you!
We're proud to have been included in Steam's Best Early Access Grads of 2018 due to your support -- so thank you!
We've added two new oceanic environmental art pieces with Update #123, one for a wilderness and out for an outpost.
We're happy that the new xeno did not increase the difficulty so much as to make a slaughter There were a few places where they got too weak and a few places they got too strong and in this release we are smoothing them out. One of the biggest items was their ability to buff and debuff Initiative which was all a bit too powerful. This release smooths out their curve and on the whole reduces these Talents by about 20% when it comes to Initiative changes.
In addition, we've made changes to the xeno ship specialist jobs. Much like Pilot, Gunner, etc -- xeno have ship-focused specialists. While we are working on xeno-only Talents for these specialists, this update changes the Skill allocation for these Jobs. You'll find that even after you cut through the xeno dedicated fighting crew, the resistance in their ship specialists Jobs will be stiffer, with more attack and defense Skills.
Improved Ship Display
With this update, we've done some improved sorting of ships in new game but most importantly we've put the small, medium and large slot counts front and center whenever you're looking at a ship. These counts now appear in new game, as well as when you are shopping to buy a new ship hull and finally also in dry dock. These counts are priceless when comparing ships, so its an easy way to see what you are looking at.
Faction Specific Rules
With #123, we've started loading the faction-specific rules into the faction picker during new game. This will help you know what you're getting into when picking a faction. We've started by adding the rule about Moklumnue's intra-network 15% trading bonus and will move forward from there.
v2.4.49 - 12/281/2018
- Added 2 new environmental art boards, oceanic wilderness and oceanic outpost
- Small, Medium and Large slot counts are shown for a ship hull in new game, starport, dry dock
- Reduce Terrox xeno Talents that buff and debuff Initiative values by 20%
- Increased combat Skills for ship-focused Terrox xeno types, stiffer resistance in their crew ranks
- Improved listing of Faction-specific special rules when picking Faction in new game, such as Moklumnue +15% profit for intra-network trading
- Increased Jump Cost penalty for Reinforced Barracks 5 to 3 Fuel up from 2
- Fixed bug where Contact might die or be removed by story and missions or mission cargo would be left hanging
- Fixed bug which was preventing ship components such as Surface Scanner from increasing Intel found during Exploration
- Fixed bug where Plague Blockade Rumor was making it hard to land on wilderness zones
- Fixed bug with some Plague missions appearing before the Era
- Removed slim chance that fighting crew recruited from worlds with less than 4 Danger might have Pacifist Trait to start
- Improved sorting of ships in new game list
- Fixed bug in ship initialization during combat that was placing engine burner and firing missiles from incorrect locations
- Fixed issues with engine burner size and placement for some ships