Star Traders: Frontiers Update #124: The Captain Alone Dec 30, 2018 17:45:21 GMT -5 strega, resistor, and 1 more like this
Post by fallen on Dec 30, 2018 17:45:21 GMT -5
Update #124 begins a new and exciting arc of Traits for Captains by introducing Captain-only Traits for our first 4 Professions -- Merchant, Smuggler, Pirate and Spy. We've also added new environmet art, simplified display of Deflection % and made a number of community requrested improvements to the UI.
Happy New Year to everyone -- here it comes!
These new Traits are only available to newly created Captains in the first four professions -- Merchant, Smuggler, Pirate and Spy. They can never appear through Trait mutation, so they are bonuses only available to Captains. In addition, we've added the ability for Traits to grant permanent buffs during Ship Combat to help these Captain types that focus on a certain style.
New Pirate captains will gain the Uncompromising Trait, which adds to Attributes as well as doubling all rewards for Tribute in ship encounters and all extortion card during Blockade. Smuggler captains gain Exploiter Trait which adds a flat +10% profit to every sale in the Black Market as well as Flighty Trait which bumps Escape, Defense and Shield in ship combat to help protect the ship from damage and make escaping the law easier.
Spy captains gain Infiltrator which increases the profit of all Intel sales by +15% and Slippery which bumps Escape, Shield and Critical Hit chance in ship combat as the Spy may either flee or strike a deadly blow at any moment. Finally, Merchants gain Exacting Trait which grants a flat +10% bonus to all trades in the Exchange as well as Lawful Trait which reduces the hostility of all law-abiding ships by 1 point (Military Officers, Merchants, Explorers and Zealots) making it easier to sale the stars legally and peacefully.
This is the first set of Captain-only Traits and we're rolling them out as the first testing grounds. We'll be working our way down the profession list now without much delay.
The galaxy is sprawling place and we've added two new landing zone art boards to help increase the variety of the sights to see. A new molten world outpost and desert world outpost have joined the set.
Crew Armor Deflection
This one is a display change only -- the rules have not changed. In the past, the percentage chance that armor would prevent a Piercing hit was (50+Deflection) - Piercing. This created a situation where the extra 50% was sort of hidden and you could not directly compare Deflection and Piercing values without doing extra math. In order to simplify the ability to visually compare values, all Armors have increased their Deflection % by 50% and we have changed the rules to simply be that the chance to avoid a Piercing hit is: (Deflection - Piercing)%. If this is above 100%, no piercing hit will ever happen and if it is below 0%, it is always piercing.
So, there is no rule change here, only a change in how the rules are displayed.
v2.4.51 - 12/30/2018
- Added 8 new unique Captain-only Traits by Profession for all new starting Merchant, Pirate, Smuggler or Spy Captains
- Captain-only Traits have the special option to add constant ship buffs for ship combat
- Pirate gains Uncompromising (doubles tribute and blockade bribes) and Marauder (ship combat bonuses to close and kill) Traits
- Smuggler gains Exploiter (adds +10% profit to black market) and Flighty (ship combat bonuses to flee and reduce damage) Traits
- Merchant gains Exacting (adds +10% profit to exchange trades) and Lawful (reduces hostility when encountering mil officers, merchants, zealots and explorers) Traits
- Spy gains Infiltrator (adds +15% profit to intel sales) and Slippery (ship combat bonuses to flee or strike critical hit) Traits
- Added 2 new environmental art boards, desert world and molten world outposts
- Fixed display of crew combat armor Deflection % to be clearer to the eye
- Adjusted Deflection % for Weapon Locker A1 and A2 armors
- Improved icongraphy for Captain's Log entries
- Corrected label on "Set Waypoint" button in Galactic Map (was "Navigate")