Star Traders: Frontiers Update #125 From the Front Lines Jan 1, 2019 22:58:08 GMT -5 strega, xdesperado, and 1 more like this
Post by fallen on Jan 1, 2019 22:58:08 GMT -5
Happy New Year, captains!
We're excited to ring in 2019 with the ongoing sale (25% off) and a big new update. Update #125 focuses on the new Captain-only Traits for those captain types that are ready to enter crew-combat -- Assassin, Bounty Hunter, Military Officer and Zealot. We've also added more art, fixed some of the newly added Traits from #124 and balanced, tweaked and fixed many other things.
With this update, we've added 2 more unique environments to the set -- a unique and beautiful radiation outpost and a molten world wilderness. As we keep rolling out more and more of these, we are excited to see multiple variations now backing almost every type of environment and habitation level (wild, outpost, large urban). We'll keep adding more!
8 New Captain-only Traits
Across 4 more professions we've added 8 new Traits to give these captain types far superior abilities that help hone and focus career paths. As each of the four has crew combat Skills, they are come with one Trait focused on crew combat abilities and another focused on their other roles in the wider galaxy.
Assassins are the exception to the rule as they are so heavily crew combat focused. They now gain the On Edge Trait which grants +1 Strength, +1 Fortitude and +3 Initiative to improve their combat stats. Second, their Stalker Trait comes into play on the first round of any combat in which the enemy team includes a officer or a captain. In this case, the Assassin immediately gains the Stalker Buff for 2 turns, which grants both Stealth Mode and +15% Critical -- they are ready to strike immediately!
The Bounty Hunter has gained Born Hunter which increases _2 Resilience, +10% Accuracy and +2 Initiative to help them hit faster and harder in battle. Their second Trait, Relentless fires whenever they complete a mission step that requires an Edict and grants additional credits, additional Rep bonuses and a small amount of XP for the captain alone.
Military Officers have gained Conditioned which helps round out their overall combat strength with a bonus of +1 Quickness, +2 Fortitude, +10% Armor and +10% Accuracy. Their second Trait, Protector, gives them unique bonuses in Orbital Operations. Whenever they encounter a mission step that relies on Blockade or Patrol orbital operation, they gain a bonus that sets the mission card's start success rate up to 30%. Second, if any orbital card grants bonus Rep, they gain +2 to +4 additional points.
Finally, Zealots face their challenges head on and never waver. With their Single-Minded Trait they gain +1 Fortitude, +2 Resilience +10% Damage and they never suffer Morale Breaks in battle. Never retreat! Their second trait, Warhawk, increases their impact on any Conflict Score by +3 to +4 points and they also gain a small amount of personal XP upon impacting a Conflict.
This set brings a new level of unique abilities into the game and we can't wait to deliver on the remaining 4 Professions!
We've updated the #124 Traits a bit -- Lawful now helps reduce hostility of Bounty Hunters instead of Explaorers. We also adjusted Spy "Infiltrator" to add +2 Wisdom, +1 Charisma instead of +3 Charisma. Finally, we made some changes to the Trait mutation rules to ensure that these Captain-only Traits don't bump up against any other Traits that seem overly contradictory.
All the Rest
In other news, we increased cooldown of Crew Dog's "Failsafe Protocols" to 9 weeks from 3 weeks. We also fixed a major bug with the Arbiter storyline where Estelle would refuse to give you a third mission in some circumstances. We renamed 3 crew armor and 2 ship weapons to avoid some naming overlaps.
v2.4.55 - 1/1/2019
- Added 2 new environmental art boards, molten wilderness and radiation outpost
- Added 8 new unique Captain-only Traits by Profession for all new starting Assassin, Bounty Hunter, Military Officer and Zealot Captains
- Assassin gains Stalker (gains Stealth buff at start of combat with enemy officer/captain) and On Edge (bonus Strength, Fortitude and Initiaive in crew combat) Traits
- Bounty Hunter gains Relentless (bonus credits, Rep and XP for Edict missions) and Born Hunter (bonus Resilience, Accuracy and Initiative in crew combat) Traits
- Military Officer gains Protector (gains bonus Rep from all Orbital Ops cards that grant Rep and Blockade or Patrol Missions start at 30% success) and Conditioned (bonus Quickness, Fortitude, armor and accuracy in crew combat) Traits
- Zealot gains Antagonistic (bonus conflict score and XP whenever impacting Conflict) and Single-Minded (bonus Fortitude, Resilience, Damage and Never Breaks! in crew combat) Traits
- Adjusted Spy "Infiltrator" to add +2 Wisdom, +1 Charisma instead of +3 Charisma
- Adjusted Merchant "Lawful" Trait to reduce hostility of Bounty Hunters instead of Explorers
- Improved Trait mutation rules around Captains to avoid some odd Trait sets
- Increased cooldown of Crew Dog's "Failsafe Protocols" to 9 weeks from 3 weeks
- Fixed story bug where Arbiter Brokstrom would refuse to give third story mission (most often while Kober is on board)
- Increased occurrence of extortion cards during Blockade
- Fixed bug preventing credit count from updating during ship encounter
- Fixed name duplicates in some crew combat armor, ship Gravcannons
- Fixed screen layout on Game Over screen