Star Traders: Frontiers Update #194: Field Operators Jan 3, 2020 16:04:00 GMT -5 strega, exxodus, and 1 more like this
Post by fallen on Jan 3, 2020 16:04:00 GMT -5
Welcome to the New Year, captains! Its 213 AE ... err 2020! Let's ring it in with a new update. With Update #194, we've added new Talents to discount fuel purchases, added a new Spy ship encounter Talent and adjusted the rules on one of the Smuggler's Talents to allow it to also cover spies. From the community feedback angle, we've improved some of the navigation in screens around combat, fixed a bug preventing offensive ship components from displaying their Gunnery bonuses and resolved a number of other reported issues or minor enhancements. Be sure to check the release notes below for every detail!
Spy Encounter Talents
For a long time, spies have been the only human opponent that can get aggressive who have lacked some encounter Talents to give you options to reduce their hostility. That has now been resolved with Update #194, as we introduce 2 options. First is a Spy rank 1 Talent, "Cover Signals" which can reduce the hostility in enemy spy ships by up to 2 points.
Second, we've expanded the Smuggler Talent "Forged Permit" to also affect Spies along with Military Officers and Zealots. However, for Spies you get a hostility reduction of 1 instead of the standard 2, so it is a little less effective.
We've added a set of 3 fuel discount Talents across the Merchant (rank 1), Scavenger (rank 1) and Smuggler (rank 8) to help you bring down the cost of fuel. At a 15% + Skill discount, this can be combined with Contact discounts and can make refueling pretty cheap. However, on a longer cooldown and taking precious Talent slots, these Talents aren't for every ship and build. For those large class fuel guzzlers, they might help keep cost down a lot.
We've also improved the handling of escape key or middle mouse button in the pre and post combat screens. If you open a tab, and then hit a back key the tab will now close and the main list will be displayed instead of leaving the screen altogether.
We've fixed a bug that was hiding the Gunnery bonuses of offensive ship components like Interlocking Sensor Matrix and Targeting Matrices.
We've fixed an ancient bug that was causing some Attribute bonuses from gear to come and go on loading a game.
Cyber Knights: Flashpoint is coming!
As we roll into the new year, we're excited to share the news that our next game, Cyber Knights is coming to KickStarter in February 2020. You play the razor-sharp leader of a covert merc company operating in the New Boston Zone in 2231. Built around a core of turn-based gameplay featuring stealth, hacking, ambushes, firefights and complex missions, Cyber Knights weaves the human drama story of your team, their loyalty and their sacrifice in a dehumanizing cyberpunk world.
Coming to KickStarter in FEB 2020, sign up to get the call and alerted about free first day rewards, discounts and more! We're gathering the most crackpot amazing alpha team ever and we hope you'll join us.
v3.0.25 - 1/3/2020
- Added 3 refuel discount Talents -- Merchant rank 1, Scavenger rank 1, Smuggler rank 8
- Added new Spy Talent "Covert Signals" reduces hostility with other Spies
- Adjusted rules for Smuggler Talent "Forged Permit" by allowing it to reduce hostility for Spies (along with Zealot, Military Officers)
- Improved combat/mission tab handling, ESC/back button returns to main list instead of closing
- Fixed issue with ship offensive components not showing their Gunnery bonuses (Targeting and Interlocking Sensor Matrix, etc)
- Fixed bug with some gear with Attribute bonuses causing itinerant +/- to the Attributes
- Fixed issue with Exo-Scout recruiting 1 level lower than expected at Spice Hall
- Fixed incorrect description for "Hard Bargain" Talent when purchasing a new ship - max discount is 10%
- Corrected component upgrade warning in starport for prisoner cells