Star Traders: Frontiers Update #132: Heavy Metal Feb 3, 2019 1:53:02 GMT -5 strega, exxodus, and 3 more like this
Post by fallen on Feb 3, 2019 1:53:02 GMT -5
Update #132 rolls out strong on a Saturday night, delivering some awesome new heavy armor outfits, a mean looking new helmet, new mission types, a new mission acceptance summary screen to give details on Talents being used and much more.
A huge thanks to everyone sharing Star Traders: Frontiers and leaving a review to help us keep cranking updates at this Relentless Pace.
Heavy Armors and Helmet
With Update #132, we've rolled out of one of the new matching pairs of character outfits. Now you can deck your fighting crew in heavy military armor as they prepare for battle. The outfit set comes with a matching helmet to boot! As we keep adding new outfits, we've got a focus now on matching outfits, so expect to see that trend continue.
We've added two new types of Missions that play the political hotspots on the faction Prime worlds where the High Princes and High Princesses reside. Many political and economic Contacts want to keep their standing good at these courts and are willing to pay higher prices for you to carry their envoys and emissaries there and back again. Later, once a few Eras have past a new mission type emerges that will have your Contacts sending their envoys to Ryeline Ganne to meet with a certain someone and the emissaries there as well.
The new mission acceptance summary screen is helpful pull together your action and give a few reminders as well displaying the specifics of Talents. After accepting a mission, you'll get a summary now -- it includes the Talent that was used during the action and any exact bonus % or resulting discovery that you may have made. Also, you'll get reminders about future mission requirements (a prison cell will be required) or immediate changes to mission cargo (we've brought a prisoner aboard, captain).
Ship Combat Boarding
With this release, we've exposed more details about the Sabotage action in ship combat boarding. If you've boarded the enemy ship and successfully defeated them, you have the default option to sabotage one component or can use the Cascading Destruction Talent to strike at another nearby component. The newly upgraded display indicates how damaged a component may already be through previous boarding or ship combat to help you make the best choices, perhaps picking the debuff or some other boarding Talent instead of Sabotage.
We've also fixed a bug when enemy Bounty Hunters coming calling. Sent on missions by Contacts you've infuriated or insulted, these Bounty Hunters can use Blood Game against you. This fix enforces the rule that a successful boarding with Blood Game cancels any attempt to escape.
v2.4.73 - 2/2/2019
- Added 2 new matching blue heavy armor outfits - perfect more regimented military crews and heavy hitters
- Added matching blue heavy helmet - perfect fit for new armor
- Added 2 new mission types, negotiation and pilgrimages to faction Prime Worlds or Ryeline Ganne
- Added new summary screen after accepting a mission, displays Talents used, bonuses, mission cargo changes or requirements (prisoner, package, passenger)
- New mission summary screen makes exact bonuses to price by Talents very clear
- Giving repeat firing orders in ship combat opens the Talents list to speed turns
- Successful use of "Blood Game" Talent boards enemy and prevents escape
- Improved Boarding Sabotage details on targeted component's damage to ensure best use of boarding abilities
- Fixed issue with Chaesin Researchers not getting involved in the Plague Era
- Fixed bug in Pit Fighter V story arc with Gestalt variation
- Improved auto-save routine to ensure quitting the game any time loses no progress
- Fixed issues with hotkeys in wild zones