Star Traders: Frontiers Update #150: Swift in Battle May 15, 2019 11:47:55 GMT -5 strega, grävling, and 2 more like this
Post by fallen on May 15, 2019 11:47:55 GMT -5
With Update #150, we're rolling out the fourth new story since we entered the v2.5.x development roadmap family, as well as new art, a major improvement to craft attack plans, a major improvement to how starport repair handles craft, new combat log entries for crew deaths and death saves, some component improvements, a new way to get a Quartermaster recruit and a huge pile of community-driven bug fixes.
It's another day, another update full of goodies! If you enjoy the relentless pace of new content, new improvements and seeing what you suggested make its way into the game, please tell a friend and leave a review to help Cory and I keep it up!
Pinned Smuggler Story
Most recently, we added a storyline that could result from a unique card in Explorer mini-game. Now we've added a storyline that can be triggered by hitting a unique card in the Patrol or Blockade mini-game whenever a "Trade Blockade" Rumor is active. Trade Blockades are especially profitable opportunities for smugglers, but with the system so full of naval vessels trying to keep anyone landing with marketable goods, it is also a very risky time. Sometimes a Smuggler just needs a hand!
Swifter Flight Plans
With Update #150, we've increased the pace of both Shuttles, Bombers and Interdictors as they finish their flight plans. Previously, after making their attack or boarding run, craft would take an entire turn to retreat to the space near their own capital ship. Then, they would spend an entire turn landing. The swifter flight plans change combines these two turns into one -- on the turn after making their attack run or boarding, the craft will return to their capital ship and land in a single Turn. It's a 20% increase in speed and your ability to deliver crushing blows to your enemy with your craft!
Before Update #150, when you went to repair a craft, its damage, time and cost were all tucked under the Hangar in which it was docked. This led to some confusing values and when combined with a bug about repair time and cost, made for a real mess. With Update #150, we've split craft out into their own rows so that their individual cost is very clear. This also allows you to separately repair the hangar, launch bay or craft if you have limited time or budget. Finally, we fixed a bug with the repair times of craft that were making them additive instead of only using the longest repair time, and therefore making repair times far too long.
Craft will cost both less time and credits to maintain and now it should be very clear what you're paying for. We also fixed a bug with discount Talents that could result in a situation where the starport refused to take your money or repair anything.
New Card Art
We're always working to add more character to the card mini-games and with this update we've added 4 new art boards to make the explorer and orbital ops mini-game cards stick out more -- covering cards like Lost, Smuggler Cache, and Rare Trade Discovery.
Deaths and Near Deaths
All fatal wounds are now logged directly into your ship combat log. Those that are prevented by Death Saves are marked with the Death Save and those that result in a final death are also include. We're conitnuing to work on improving the availability of the captain's intel on this screen and in the log and this is another great step forward. A big thanks to the players suggesting it.
Quartermaster recruit availability keeps coming up! We're working on improving it, and we're looking across the entire game to do so. With this update, we've added QMs to the list of possible crew or officers that can be rescued from a Distress Signal card in any of the orbital operations.
Alta Mesa Fuel Components
We've also improved the stats and cost of the Alta Mesa fuel components and fixed a bug that allowed them to count as cargo holds.
If you're looking for a Micro Launch Bay, it now appears in the small craft filter in starport correctly.
And so many other smaller items, see the full list below!
v2.5.27 - 5/15/2019
- "Smuggler Escort" unique card story vignette can now appear in orbital Patrol Blockade during a "Trade Blockade" Rumor
- Risky opportunity to rake in big profits and make a new black market friend
- Added 4 new art boards for wide variety of card rewards -- time lost, smuggler cache, rare trade goods cache, story cards
- Major bomber and interdictor improvement - all attack flight plans are 1 Turn faster, craft now retreat & land in the same turn
- Improved starport repair list to include a separate row for any damaged craft so that its cost is clearly separate from hangar/launch bay
- Improved combat log for small craft death saving Talent "Recovery Pod"
- Added death save and death of any crew during ship combat directly to the combat log for easiest checking
- Increased fuel allocation and price of Alta Mesa Reinforced Fuel Tank and Reinforced Fuel Pod
- Added Quartermaster to the type of crew or officers who can be rescued from orbital ops "Distress Signal" card
- Fixed issue allowing Alta Mesa Fuel Pod and Fuel Tank to count as cargo holds
- Fixed issue with craft buffing Talents causing Interdictors to stay out longer, fixed bug with Mechanic's "Peak Reactor Burn"
- Fixed issues allowing Wing Tech "Hangar Triage" Talent to repair craft more than described
- Fixed disconnect with Repair discounts in starport that could lead to inability to repair in very niche cases
- Fixed bug with starport repair times for craft causing sum of repair time as opposed to taking longest
- Fixed "Craft" filter in starport replace component to ensure "Micro Launch Bay" is visible
- Fixed bug where Xeno Hunter "Macabre Harvest" could used after defeating Troy 'The Blade' Circin
- Fixed incorrect flag with universal pardons you can't afford
- Fixed bug allowing Indie contact to be created during Orbital Salvage
- Fixed missing SFX for Wing Commando's "Knife Work" Talent
- Fixed placement of some ship combat UI elements on large screens