How much real time did the Barbican battle take you? It took my 3 hours till the appereance of Arrogance. Wonder if it's meant to be like that or is my team unusual in terms of soaking / dealing damage.
I finished the game! What a ride it was. Sometimes bumpy, sometimes frustrating, but HoS joins the shelf of my favourite RPGs of all time! I have some questions:
1. Is this the end? Do you plan more updates or another game at this point (like another chapter, when Azurr wakes and you reach level 100 an so on)? Is it safe to uninstall now?
2. I'm in reflections and the game allows me to explore more (go to Fierhold). Is there more story to unveil? Or is it just to finish open side quests?
3. Of side quests: I was unable to complete the Wolf / Vladin Hand quest in Riven Field (after defeating the Werewolf). The game never allowed me to go there in Ch3-4. Is it possible to do now?
1. I destroyed five crystals and freed Ravenna who in turn killed Wiegarn. Vraes sacrificed himself and he and Ravenna fell into the chasm. How does it go when You kill Wiegarn without freeing Ravenna?
2. I'm browsing through quest log and trying to find out which children of Call did I meet. I don't think I encountered all of them:
Are they in the game as NPCs? I checked a document with world details.
- Who is Taulevo?
- Dark-Born - does this mean they were conceived in some evil way? Or was it just their betrayal.
3. Do you plan an update to wrap up the wooden flute / ancient pearl quest lines.
Last Edit: May 26, 2020 4:19:42 GMT -5 by g: How do I create "spoilers" section? + more questions
g - I am so glad we made that shelf. That is so gratifying for me, I've always wanted to make an awesome fantasy RPG that someone loved Yes!!
1. we are currently working on a Witch character thanks to our Patreon supporters. She will replace Kyera/Fyona but would require you to start a new game. No other major content adds are planned. 2. Reflections would allow you to go explore more if you had missed content, like skipped the Storm Brothers, etc. No new content is added when you reach that state. 3. No, it still isn't possible. I am not sure if it will ever get added at this point.
on spoilers --
1. In that case, Ravenna is freed and she finishes off Wiegarn. The endings are not that far apart. 2. In some of the story around meeting Ravenna, you learn that she killed Cassandra at the Shattering of the All-Father. 3. Interesting ... any thoughts about who could be the wanderer?
Not sure who is Taulevo?
Dark-Born was just a moniker given to them for their betrayal.
4. I can't commit to any other content updates until the witch is complete. The Ancient Pearl resolution is already in the game, its just a nice treasure chest. Wooden Flute was planned to relate to the seawater pool you mentioned
ad3. NOW I rememer! The friendly drinker. This makes Cassandra the only god-child not phisically present in the game as an NPC / antagonist. ad4. Although it's sad that the game isn't 100% wrapped-up (Azurr/pearl, flute, Vladin) I think it's okay to leave it as is and focus on HoS 2.
+++ Writing, story and lore were the strongest points of the game for me. It didn't have thousands of pages of text like some older classics, but what it had was very good. I really liked character interactions and their growth. It was fun to have this jRPG characteristic in game and not play with a white card. ++ Combat - massive, difficult battles are great and I liked how well prepared they were, with extra obstacles (foci, waves etc.). I run into difficulties in the late game, when I was close to indestructible (Vraes) dealt OK damage I guess, but had to battle waves of enemies with thousands of HP which made some battles long. I reached level 64 in drake caverns. Balancing a game for high levels in episodes is also extremely difficult I guess. ++ Artstyle - it was fun to watch the main (only?) artist grow in how he handled character portraits. I like that the game didn't feature Android's generic over-accessorized, angelic anime girl (that are perhaps made in a single art factory and companies just buy them for their Lords of IAP's games). I liked the art. Sad that Kyera didn't get an update through . + In the future, I'd expand the diary. A good diary with side notes / wiki - helpful if game is released in episodes.