Star Traders: Frontiers Update #186: Major Expansion "BROOD" Nov 4, 2019 14:53:33 GMT -5 strega, exxodus, and 2 more like this
Post by fallen on Nov 4, 2019 14:53:33 GMT -5
The BROOD has been awoken in this major new expansion pack which includes a extremely challenging Story Era, the new Gundeck Boss Job and invites enemy captains to command carriers and launch squadrons of attack craft.
With the drop of this major expansion, we're inviting new captains to come sail the quadrants and save 35%. If you're enjoying the game and the continuous stream of major expansions without any DLCs, please take a moment to leave a review or tell a friend. If you're new to the frontiers, post your comments, feedback and suggestions to the discussion board or join us on our Discord where there is a great community to help!
To avoid spoilers, we won't say much about the ancient, slimy, snaky void-slug evil that has slept since the time of Shalun. The BROOD Story Era will start during the 3rd or 4th Centuries with a series of introductory stories. No matter how old your game is, it will start if you play for a few years -- as always we work hard to make sure veteran captains can keep enjoying new content without any restarts.
Prepare your ship, sharpen your blades, load up on hexshell. This one won't be easy, captain.
Enemy Carriers and Gundeck Boss
Enemy captains now have the fully operational battle carriers! High level human captains of certain professions like Military Officer may challenge you in the void, ready to launch interdictors, bombers and boarding shuttles against you. And, the jyeeta race is well known for its craft swarms. In both cases, it is time for your captain to consider some changes to ship weaponry, ship components, Talents and even perhaps Job distribution on the boat. Consider the % to hit craft when picking ship weapons, as you'll want to blow the enemy craft out of the sky before they reach you. Take another look at Autocannons. Consider of the C-Tak and Railtrak Guidance components that play double-duty on your ship, or Pilot Assist Modules which help your capital ship evade bombing runs. Finally -- most ship Jobs already provide Talents with capability to jam, disable or debuff craft, and now a new specialist Job has arrived as well.
The new Gundeck Boss Job brings a strong anti-craft capability to any ship, combining the sensibilities of a quartermaster with the skills of a gunner. Stalking the gundecks, the boss roars orders, pinpoints targets and rallies morale in ship combat. Adding Gunnery, Intimidate and Repair, the Gundeck Boss is a great cross-Job for a ship officer but can make for a powerful stand-alone crew member. Even on a small ship, the Gundeck Boss can make a big impact versus carriers.
Roadmap Next Steps
With the BROOD expansion, we've closed down the entire v2.6.x family of the roadmap, adding the promised 7th story Era and the jyeeta xeno species in a single blow. We've also completed our goal to add +33% new Jobs and Talents and +50% new Contact types and services after the game's release, which means we're starting to tick off some of the big boxes in the Content Expansion Goals as well.
Next Project Announced!
While we still have a lot of work to finish out the Star Traders: Frontiers development roadmap, we're excited to be coming out of the pre-production phase on our next game and ready to share.
In Cyber Knights, you are the razor-sharp leader of a covert merc company operating in the New Boston Zone in 2231. Built around a core of turn-based gameplay featuring stealth, hacking, ambushes, firefights and complex missions, Cyber Knights weaves the human story of your team, their loyalty and their sacrifice in a dehumanizing cyberpunk world.
Coming to KickStarter in Feb 2020, sign up to get the call and alerted about free first day rewards, discounts and more! We're gathering the most crackpot amazing alpha team ever and we hope you'll join us.
v3.0.1 - 11/4/2019
- Added 7th Story Era: Jyeeta Xeno Brood Awakens!
- Added new anti-craft "Gundeck Boss" Job!
- Enemy captains may now fly carrier ships including the dreaded Jyeeta Xeno and their swarm
- All new simulation rules, Rumors, Conflicts, and Contact actions/mutations during this new period of galactic threat
- Added new Era-specific Echoes that forever change the simulation due to the 7th Era
- Added 4 new Era-specific Rumors which can affect entire quadrants, systems and wilderness zones and multiple Rumor echoes which can appear anytime after Era
- Added 1 new Era-specific Contact Type, the controversial Xenologist, who will also echo and appear after Era
- Added 5 Era-specific Contact creation rules to seed the Era new blood
- Added 4 Era-specific special cargo rules for Spies, Merchants, Smugglers and Pirates
- Added 5 Era-specific Explorer cards which can also echo and appear anytime after Era
- Added 6 Era-specific Orbital Ops and Salvage cards which can also echo and appear anytime after Era
- Added new Era-driven ship encounters and mechanics when meeting the Jyeeta xeno in the void
- Added 13 new Era-specific crew barks for different Rumor typess
- Added new Rare Trade Good, Jyeeta Artifacts
- New Spice Hall recruit of Xeno Hunters during Jyeeta Spore system Rumor
- Rippling effects of story choices made all the way back in the first Era bearing fruit
- Added new Contact type "Fleet Commander" offers high rank and edict, pardons, ship upgrade discount, recruits Gundeck Boss
- Renamed Contact Trait "Naval Vet" to "Wing Vet", added new "Naval Vet" Contact Trait
- Contacts with "Naval Vet" Trait gives more weight to Faction Rep, has +1 bonus level to Recruits, and Recruits Gundeck Bosses
- Increased duration of Navigator's "Fast Getaway" Talent to 3 turns from 2
- Buffed Battle Prow 1, 2 and 3 components with improved Electronics and Boarding Bonus
- Rebalanced Military Officer's "Incite Victory" Talent
- Fixed bug with Sell All sometimes still selling "F" demand resources
- Fixed issues with total component counts sometimes reporting incorrectly in starport
- Fixed issues with Awards -- Survivor III, Navigator I, II and III
- Fixed issues with some enemy Talents showing up in the player's log