Star Traders: Frontiers Update #114 Fringe of the Frontier Nov 9, 2018 18:24:51 GMT -5 strega and drspendlove like this
Post by fallen on Nov 9, 2018 18:24:51 GMT -5
Update #114 brings a big package of improvements across the game. From further story deadline changes to big improvements in crew selection for combat to vastly improved captain's log entries for the death of contacts -- so much of these big improvements are coming right out of the player forums and from suggestions of our veteran captains. Thanks to everyone posting suggestions and feedback as well as, of course, telling a friend and leaving a review!
With this update, we've continued to improve the story deadlines throughout the game in two important ways. First, we've now made the deadline for the Arbiter's storyline visible. She lets you know in her conversations that she will eventually have to make the call for amendments, regardless of how much additional support you can help her gather, and now she is up front about the timeline for that call.
Second, we've added more places where your decisive action in the storylines extends different story timers as well as giving a 25% bump to the impact your actions have on the story deadlines. Therefore, as you become involved with each Prince in the Arbiter's storyline, or make major progress on any of the Faen arcs, these actions keep you engaged with the storyline and you get additional time the more you stay engaged. These timer extensions provide the freedom to do other things between the major story events, but also the deadline demands you don't stray too far off or forget your important character's missions, else they move on without you.
Talent Balance and Fixes
With this update, we've improved some Talents, rebalanced some others and changed important cool downs for some big ones.
Smuggler's Dubious Nod has become Dubious Handshake and now includes a chance to learn a new Rumor. Swordsman's Balanced Blade has had its buff extended from 2 to 3, giving it a +50% in overall value to match the recent Initiative cost change. Slashing Retreat has dropped the part of its buff that increased your Armor Piercing.
Finally, in perhaps the most important change for higher level captains -- Skip Off the Void and Flash Charge have both had their cool downs extended to 9 weeks, up from 3 weeks.
Crew Combat Select
We've defaulted the sorting for crew combat selection to be the highest level fighters first. This prevents your captain and officers from appearing at the top, even if they really aren't the ones who should be going into battle! Second, the "prefers slot 2" detail is now readily available directly in their crew details box, helping you make choices quickly.
We've also fixed some bugs around Assassins, smoke bombs, and other characters not strongly preferring slot 1 when they should.
And of course, lots of other stuff too! Check the full release notes below for everything.
v2.4.25 - 11/9/2018
- Increased the impact of decisive action events in the story that extend story event deadlines
- Personal Objective for Arbiter's rallying of unionist support now includes a visible deadline
- Increased number of points throughout Faen and Arbiter storyline where taking action to participate extends deadlines
- Smuggler's Talent "Dubious Nod" renamed to "Dubious Handshake" now includes chance to learn a Rumor
- Navigator's "Skip off the Void" and "Flash Charge" cool downs extended to 9 weeks
- Increased duration of Swordsman's "Balanced Blade" buff by +1 Turns, remove buff to Armor Piercing for "Slashing Retreat"
- Preferred position is now included in each character's box when picking for crew combat
- Improved default sorting of crew when picking for crew combat -- highest level fighters first
- Improved calculation of preferred position in crew combat, fixed bug with Assassins not appearing front row
- Captain's log about death of a contact now includes type, faction, location, Influence and Personal Rep
- Increased impact of high Contact Influence on ability to avoid death by old age
- Rebalanced Alta Mesa's faction Trait matrix, less Gravity Sickness, more better Traits
- Fixed issue where Richness and Explorer Rating had swapped effects
- Improved consistency of labels and detail presentation in new template screens
- Clarified Talents that reduce Rep loss in Missions and some card game Talents
- Fixed issue with selling Rare Trade Goods event log
- Improved hover performance on quadrant and galaxy map
- Rebalanced component damage during Orbital Ops to include Quadrant Danger
- Improved Salvage Bay Bonuses for all 4 levels
- Improves Trait Mutation logic in Orbital Ops cards
- Increased Water-Fuel costs in Orbital Ops during Radiation and Ion Storms
- Fixed many typos - thanks for feedback!