Star Traders: Frontiers Update #120 Roar of the Hall Dec 11, 2018 15:24:16 GMT -5 xdesperado, resistor, and 2 more like this
Post by fallen on Dec 11, 2018 15:24:16 GMT -5
Update #120 is sure to be a crowd pleaser with some major improvements to the recruiting rules, the completion of a big re-rendering project for feminine characters, added 6 new character faces, new Explorer Talents and Rare Trade Good cards and more!
If you enjoy the relentless updates and the work we are putting into Star Traders: Frontiers please take moment to leave a review and tell a friend!
Art Upgrades + 6 New Faces
With Update #120, we've completed the first half of a major project to improve and expand the character face options. First, we've done some upgrades in re-rendering the female faces as well as improvement placement and proportions across the board. On top of that, we're now adding new faces and have included 6 new characters with this update -- really getting started toward to doubling the head count! Next, we'll be finishing the project with the other half of the faces and then just focusing on adding more and more characters.
First off, recruited characters now gain some Attribute bonuses for being higher level. The higher the character's level, the better the bonuses, all the way up to level 8+. In addition, we've done some work to better tailor the bonuses for Attributes to each Job specifically. Swordsman are more likely to be strong and tough while Diplomats will gain more of their bonuses in Charisma and Wisdom. This is not a hard line but the Job better informs the bonus selection for Attributes. You may still find fast and wise Swordsman, but they are more likely to fall toward their Job tendencies now.
Second -- being a high Rank or Permit carrying Captain imparts powerful level increasing bonuses when recruiting from Contacts. Now, those same bonuses are applied to recruiting in the spice hall. Above Rank 2 grants +1 levels to Soldiers, Pistoleers and Swordsman while Rank 5 grants +2 and carrying Rank 11 or higher grants a +1 additional level to every Job type. This is a huge boon for ranking military captains. In addition, if you are carrying a Permit and recruit Smugglers through the Spice Festival Rumor you can gain up to +2 levels for your high level Permits.
As the different sources of bonuses have stacked up, we've now included a small note in the side bar for every bonus type -- Rumor, Rank and Permit so that it is clear why each Job is at any given level. With these new level boosts, it is possible under the very best circumstances (Rank 11, Mercenaries Rumor) to recruit a level 7 military character such as a Swordsman or Soldier. Of course, under the same circumstances, you could pick up a level 12+ character from a Contact.
Hunting Rare Trade Goods
Explorer has gained a new rank 11 Talent, the "Rarest Find" which turns up 8-16 Rare Trade Goods card. Like Exo-Scout's "Artifact Hunter" Talent, there is a Danger-based chance that this will turn up Rare Trade Goods and a Pirate fight. These two new cards (Rare Trade Good find and Rare Trade Goods protected by pirates) have also been added into the draws and may occur naturally. The Rare Trade Good type you find is based on the world type you are on -- Deserts can find Kongon Locusts, etc -- but there is also always the chance that you turn up xeno artifacts.
Life Saver Talent
When faced with a possible Fatal Accident card (or any of its variations), the status of any available Life Saver Talent is now visible at the bottom of the card. You can see above on the left the card is displayed without a Talent to prevent the fatality -- a crew member will take a death save if this card is drawn. On the right you can see the card when there is a waiting life saving Talent to prevent the death, either from a Doctor or other Job. So -- now you can quickly gauge just how risky a hand is when these cards come up.
In the case of Salvage dual fatality, the card will display whether you have one or two life saving Talents ready. And finally, there is one Salvage card "Unavoidable Fatality" that is not stopped by a life saving Talent and this card now more clearly describes its rules.
Salvage Rumor Filter
Thanks to the players requesting the Learn Salvage Rumor filter -- now added to the contact list!
v2.4.39 - 12/11/2018
- Added 6 new female character faces
- Completed overhaul of female faces and outfits -- improved rendering, placement and proportions as well as other point issues
- Recruit level bonuses for Military Rank and Permits now also apply in a faction Spice Hall -- find those high level crew!
- Recruiting in the Spice Hall now clearly lists the bonuses for different Rumors, Ranks and Permits
- Attributes of Recruits are now better influenced by level -- higher level recruits gain better bonuses
- Attributes bonuses for Recruits are now better influenced by Job type, the bonuses are focused on primary Attributes (higher level Swordsman are more likely to be strong and tough)
- Added new rank 11 Explorer Talent "Rarest Find" draws a Rare Trade Goods card based on world type with a Danger-based risk of pirate guards
- Added 2 new Explorer cards "Rare Discovery" and "Contraband Loot", a Rare Trade Goods find and a Rare Trade Goods guarded by pirates respectively
- Contact List Filter now includes an option for "Learn Salvage Rumor"
- Improved Talent selection when landing on a zone -- Talents like "Listening Post" with X% success will not block other Talents from firing if they fail
- Improved Crew Fatality cards in Orbital Ops and Salvage cards -- all cards now accurately report whether there are Life Saver Talents ready to prevent death
- Fixed Ship Report after ship combat to ensure all damaged compoents are now (not only above 10%)
- Fixed bug causing Recruiting Talents to not go on cool down sometimes when recruit had Mysterious Trait