Star Traders: Frontiers Update #181: Glint in the Dark Sept 27, 2019 16:12:03 GMT -5 strega likes this
Post by fallen on Sept 27, 2019 16:12:03 GMT -5
Update #181 arrives to close out September and helps us preps for a really big October. With this release, we've added new character outfits, are nearly done rebalancing all of the Risk and Reward factors in the operations, pushed in some important ship component improvements and have done another round of minor improvements to the quad map and star atlas. From here, we have a few more big quality of life focused releases coming up before we drop the later October update that will close out the v2.6.x family of the dev roadmap with a bang, a boom and a scream in the void (new xeno, new era, new Job!).
While most of the outfits in the latest additions have all been matched, we've added two unique outfits today with Update #181. Before you get your pitchfork, these outfits were suggested and detailed by some of our Patreon supporters (https://patreon.com/TreseBrothers). If they're popular, we'll look into making a matched set for each but these are additions thanks to our awesome patron crew who support us every day.
First up, we've got a space-punk swordsman and second up we have a sleek and simple fashionable attire suitable for captains, diplomats, merchants and also I am betting that works for assassins too. You try and tell us what you think, captains!
Rebalance Spy Risk and Reward
We've been gathering feedback and input on the new Risk and Reward rebalance and by and large are very happy with the new results. We've continually rolled out new sets of Risk and Rewards for a new type of operation each update for the last few updates, to be careful not to upset everything at once. Still, everything in the orbital and ground ops just feels better now, and the feedback is good so we are marching forward! Spy has now had its Risk and Reward math, all reported bugs fixed and all oddities about really high Skill pools causing unpleasant results are resolved.
Ship Component Improvements
With Update #181 we improved the Valkri Missile Pods, the level 8 ship weapon. For that price tag, they needed to pack a bit more punch and accuracy. We've also added Ship Ops requirements to every Prisoner Cell and Passenger Cabin. This helps bump the Ship Ops pools on ships that may be investing heavily in Missions and is overall a definitely improvement for captains across the void.
Improved Map and Star Atlas
We're bringing in new suggestions from the community every week and this week we picked up a few more related to the Star Atlas and the main star map hovers. We've added Trade Permit values to the hovers over zones so you don't need to remember whether or not you have a permit with a faction when shopping on the map. Also, we've added the phrase "trade law X" to the searchable term -- while it isn't perfect it can help when you're looking for some specific trading zones.
We've got a few more great requests this week about QoL in these areas and are looking forward to rolling in more community feedback in the next updates!
Thanks to everyone leaving a review and especially to our Patreon supporters.
v2.6.19 - 9/27/2019
- Added 2 new character outfits suggested by Patreons -- sleek and stylish outfit and gray and space-punk swordsman
- Improved Risk and Reward factors weights for Orbital Spy including all zone stats, Rumors and other influences
- Improved balance of level 8 ship missiles, Valkri Missile Pods
- Added Trade Permit level with faction to hover over systems on the quadrant map
- Added minor Ship Ops Skill requirements to Passenger suites of all kind and rebalanced Ship Ops requirements for Prisoner cells
- Fixed bug that allowed some non-local starting Contacts to end up on Indie zones
- Added searchable string "trade law X" for all visited zones in the Star Atlas
- Fixed issue with incorrect jump count shown when navigating to distance quad from Star Atlas
- Fixed mobile issue where too many Contacts could run off screen