Star Traders: Frontiers Update #183 Hard Working Gravs Oct 13, 2019 13:53:08 GMT -5 strega and VALIANT like this
Post by fallen on Oct 13, 2019 13:53:08 GMT -5
Update #183 brings a series of new features to the starport and exchanges on grav worlds to help established merchants, prize ship hunters and captains of all type get their void-faring work done faster and easier. We've also made a pile of changes to improve the October Community Challenge which put some odd strains on the game!
If you're enjoying the pace of updates, please leave a review!
Firefly Tour Challenge
Update #183 includes some fixes and balance changes specifically aimed at making this month's community challenge more playable. The community challenge -- linked below -- involves surviving 14 years with only Officers and your Captain on board the ship, in honor of Firefly's 14 awesome episodes and their tight knit group.
October Community Challenge: Firefly Tour
Update #183 reduces the minimum head count required for Orbital Ops to 5 which makes this far more achievable with officer-only setup. We've also fixed a bug with the screen locking up on orbital missions if you have less than the minimum head count on board. Finally, we fixed a bug we had never seen before -- the "chain of Storytellers" in which one Storyteller could boost another Storyteller's Morale who would in turn boost another Storyteller's Morale ... its not something you'd ever see in a larger crew but it was causing some occasional issues for this popular challenge!
The Exchange and Black Markets now have a new fire sale button! The "Sell All" button will sell all goods that can be sold in the current market at a profit. The button is not picky about how much of a profit, so be sure to check the totals displayed in the table before clicking -- even a few credits will get a cargo row tossed into the fire.
However, for most trading this is a welcome addition to speed up the pace of cargo hauls! Thanks to the players suggesting it and enjoy!
Repair Dry Docked Ships
Ships parked in dry dock have long had the disadvantage that they could not be repaired. This could create some challenging situations for launching them as sometimes their officer cabins or barracks could be so damaged that your current crew couldn't transfer over for a valid launch event! Now, you can repair local dry docked ship in the starport by swapping into their repair list. Use the white arrow button in the repair box in the zone to open the repair detail and you'll see a list of any dry docked ships there. Swap in and repair! This can also help you net a better price when selling a ship, as component damage tanks the resale price of a vessel.
We've also made some improvements to how certain classes of story missions are set to expire -- specifically those by Calagan Faen and the Arbiter. In both cases, now as the Eras roll by and major political events happen if the mission is still pending as an offer from the Contact it is immediately expired. However, if you've already accepted the mission then it will not expire out from under you suddenly.
v2.6.23 - 10/9/2019
- Added "Sell All" button to Exchange and Black Market which makes all profitable trades in a single click
- Added ability to repair locally Dry Docked ships in the starport
- Improved story handling of expiring missions for Calagan and Arbiter Brokstrom -- better cleanup for mission offers and no clean up for missions in progress
- Fixed crash for Community Challenge "Firefly Tour" to prevent possible crash during Paying Wages
- Reduced minimum head count required to engage in Orbital Ops and orbital missions to 5
- Fixed bug causing game freeze when attempting an Orbital Ops mission with less than minimum head count
- Added note to all orbital operations (Spy, Blockade, Patrol, Salvage) that 5 is the minimum head count required
- Improve new Trait mutation paths for even better results, fixed bugs causing some characters to get Trait overflow