Heroes of Steel Update #111: In the Hunt Jun 17, 2018 21:59:31 GMT -5
Post by fallen on Jun 17, 2018 21:59:31 GMT -5
As we keep working on wrapping up the final story update, we're continuing to balance, improve and bug fix as needed. We're closing in on the completion of the Episode 4 storyline -- in summary, the monsters are all done, the loot is all prepared, the maps have been made, the story events being written and everything is getting wired together. With so many choices in the story that all lead to this moment, it has become a challenge to weave it altogether again cohesively in the last few moments. We are taking our time to get it right but it is our top priority in Heroes of Steel at the moment.
Balance Tuning and Improvements
This update includes an important improvement to Vincent's Eye of the Storm buff to make it compelling for a melee-striker Vincent as well as a ranged spellcaster.
We've also tuned the math on how Strength is applied to base Damage for melee weapons, simplifying it to be Strength x Weapon AP, which is better in favor of heavier weapons.
We've added a small story event the first time the heroes encounter a Bloodstone Crystal to be sure to explain the crafting system.
Patreon Epic Booster
In other exciting news -- after the story is finished, Heroes is lucky to have been selected by our supporters on Patreon for an epic booster. A huge thanks to the patrons who all voted for Heroes of Steel to be selected from among our catalog of games. Soon all of our patrons will be invited to vote again -- this time picking the exact nature of the epic booster. Check out the current exciting list of potential additions -- including a 9th hero, a slimmed down version of the original Honor Classes stretch goal, a redraw of all the gods and villains, a redraw of the heroes' sprites, a redraw of the 4 oldest hero portraits or a tileset upgrade! Sound exciting and want to get involved? Join us on Patreon -- there is still time to get in before the vote!
v4.5.13 - 6/17/2018
- Vincent's Eye of the Storm Buff now adds Melee Accuracy as well as Ranged for striker build
- Rebalanced Strength-based weapons base damage bonus -- now equal to character's Strength x AP (200% for 2 AP, 300% for 3 AP, 400% for 4 AP)
- First encounter with Bloodstones in the game triggers an explanatory dialog about crafting
- Improved all early game magical gear with minor HP/MP bonuses to be more appealing
- Fixed bug where +Crit Dmg % was not shown in Talent detail for all magical spells
- Stealth bonus now correctly weighted in crafting
- Rebalanced Orcin in Episode 4 City of the Dead
- Fixed crossed dialogs in Episode 4 talking to Laranda