Star Traders: Frontiers Update #184: Void Merchant Oct 15, 2019 23:26:14 GMT -5 strega and drspendlove like this
Post by fallen on Oct 15, 2019 23:26:14 GMT -5
Update #184 arrives with continued focus on polishing up the quality of life features, improving the UI and hitting major points of community feedback. As we keep marching to the exciting and dramatic end of the v2.6.x roadmap family, we're focused on hitting all the big points in the quality of life section of our to-do list. We'll be hammering away at this for a few more releases and then we'll be ushering in a new major blast of content!
Thanks to everyone leaving a review and telling a friend.
Sell All Improvements
Immediately a popular feature, Sell All rapidly garnered a lot of smart feedback and suggestions on how to make it even better. Right away, we heard selling everything that was able to turn any profit mean you're incorrectly selling sometimes at F demand for a few credits -- so you have to abandon the button and go back to selling one by one.
Therefore, we have added a Minimum Demand slider which you can raise from F to A+. Any resource that has less than this demand won't be sold when you click "Sell All". Our testing merchants cruised through hours of profitable play without ever having to sell anything manually! This setting is remembered from Exchange to Exchange within your game, so set it where you like it and let it ride!
Also, to avoid nasty or nice surprises, we've added a warning about Trade Ban Conflicts as well as Embargo and Blockade Rumors, which can respectively damage or raise your Rep when trading. These warnings are visible from the Sell All view and can help you avoid mistakes here.
A huge thanks to everyone pouring fuel on the feedback fire for this one.
Sell Ship Confirmation
We've added a helpful confirmation dialog to selling a ship as a few players have been stung by a misclick here. Thanks again to everyone suggesting the little things to make the game even smoother.
Over the last couple of releases, we've worked to revamp the balance of Risk and Reward factors throughout all of the orbital games. We've pushed another set of balancing changes with Update #184 as well as increasing the impacts of the Plague Era and Meteor or Ion Storm Rumors. These dangerous events make this type of activity very dangerous and you should -- more than ever -- consider a lovely spying trip when meteorite storm is whizzing through the system.
v2.6.25 - 10/15/2019
- Exchange and Black Market "Sell All" now includes a preference for the Minimum Demand (such as B+) to sell cargo, cargo under this Demand is not sold
- Exchange and Black Market "Sell All" now warns about Trade Bans, Blockade Rumors and Embargo Rumors that might increase or decrease Rep with every sale
- "Sell All" button always appears when opening Exchange or Black Market sale screen
- Added confirmation dialog to Dry Dock ship sales to avoid accidental sales
- Additional balancing and fixes for Risk and Reward factor weights in Orbital Ops
- Increased impact of Plague Era in Orbital Ops (Salvage, Patrol, Spy, Blockade)
- Increased impact of Meteor and Ion Storms on Orbital Ops
- Fixed issues with buttons overlapping in Exchange on for some screen sizes
- Clarified description of some card game Talents
- New SFX for "Meteor Damage" during Orbital Ops
- Additional SFX for Xeno Encounters in Orbital Ops and Explorer