Star Traders: Frontiers Update #185: Crush Their Morale! Oct 18, 2019 15:41:33 GMT -5 strega, LordofSyn, and 2 more like this
Post by fallen on Oct 18, 2019 15:41:33 GMT -5
Update #185 rolls out with another set of additions -- new Talents, new advantages to old Talents, new Rumor effects and many improvements across the card mini-games and Trait mutation rules for the game.
If you're enjoying the relentless pace of updates, new changes and additions please be sure to leave a review and tell a friend!
New Talents - Morale Crushers
Drawing on some inspiration from community suggestions, we've pushed new alternatives for Morale-damaged focused builds into the Talent set for ship combat. Commander has gained a new powerful rank 15 Talent, Warning Shots, which reduces their own damage but debuffs the enemy's move, escape and inflicts nasty Morale Damage every turn.
In addition, Gunner's "Signature Homing" (rank 1), "Targeting Lock" (rank 1) and "Scattershot" (rank 8) Talents have all gained +10 Morale/turn to enemy crew, giving some new and quick options to add Morale damage to your starting and standard builds.
A final new Talent has gone in for Diplomats at rank 11 -- Compelling Conscription -- allows these quick talkers to lean hard on a new conscript and come onto the ship with higher Morale and without any negative Trait mutation.
Rumors that are focused on Recruiting bonuses -- including Mercenaries, Spice Festival and Academy Graduation -- all the now ensure the doors for recruiting at the spice hall are always open. In situations where these Rumors could appear on low starport worlds there was not enough starfaring interest in the zone to drive recruitment. Now, these Rumors temporarily boost that.
Mutating Traits and XP
Across a number of card game operations and combat scenarios, we've fine tuned and improved the rates for Trait mutation and XP gain.
Traits are slightly more likely to appear now on crew combat victory and slightly less likely to appear on ship combat draw and hyperwarp jump (which are both very common events). We've added new Trait mutation paths for Ship Combat Victory, Craft Destroyed (assuming you survive!) and Craft Landed to help further shape those brave men and women who take to the void in bombers, interdictors and shuttles.
In addition, larger planets now cost more Fuel and Time to land on, so have your Piloting Talents ready.
v2.6.27 - 10/18/2019
- Added new Commander Talent "Warning Shots" at rank 15 - reduce enemy move, escape and crush their Morale
- Added new Diplomat Talent "Compelling Conscription" at rank 11 - pressed crew start with higher Morale and don't gain negative Trait
- Gunner Talents "Signature Homing" (rank 1), "Targeting Lock" (rank 1) and "Scattershot" (rank 8) all gain +10 Morale/turn to enemy crew
- During Mercenaries, Spice Festival and Academy Graduation Rumors, the Spice Hall is always open for Recruiting even if Starport rating is below minimum
- Recovery of relic wargear during Exploration slightly more common, increased during "Gold Rush" Rumor
- Radiation and Molten worlds are slightly riskier for Exploration
- Very Large Planets take slightly longer and more fuel to make planetfall
- Slightly increased Trait Mutation rate for Crew Combat Victory, slightly reduced for Hyperwarp / Ship Combat Draw
- Added new Trait Mutation paths for Ship Combat Victory, Craft Destroyed, Craft Landed
- Very slightly increased Experienced earned in Ship Combat Victory
- Display of ship's offered price added to dry dock sale confirmation dialog
- Fixed missing "Unexpected Revelation" cards in Explorer decks, experience granting card now appears again
- Mechanized enemies no longer Bleed or suffer Poison Damage
- Fixed bug in map hovers where Repair service that was denied by Rep might not show as disabled
- Fixed bug with Hietta Lumotte's court (no longer appears)