Star Traders: Frontiers Update #195 Lethal Salvage Jan 10, 2020 0:50:14 GMT -5 strega and CdrPlatypus like this
Post by fallen on Jan 10, 2020 0:50:14 GMT -5
Update #195 lands with some exciting new weapon salvage opportunity, one of the highest requested community features, We've also made some good changes to lower difficulty AI intelligence, fixed some Trait mutation pathways and caught up with recent community reports and suggestions.
So, without further delay -- here come the big hits from Update #195. For the rest, be sure to check the full release notes at the end.
While Orbital Salvage is known to be high risk there are chance of high rewards as well. With Update #195, we've added 12 new weapons to the salvage cards that turn up weapons. These weapons run the gamut of all the types, provide new interesting build angles and bump the highest possible level available in salvage up another tick. For those willing to take the risks, the rewards just got sweeter.
Show All Talents
Planning ahead is a key part of being a good captain, and the latest feature add makes that even easier. The "Show All Talents" checkbox on the Talent training screen now makes it easy to see all of the Talents for a given crew member or officer, even if you don't have the rank to train them. Due to the value of this new feature, its enabled by default but your selection will be remembered if you want to tick it off. Turn it on any time you need it for future planning! Thanks to the community members pushing this suggestion, its going to be a great add.
Enemy Intelligence by Difficulty
We've made some tweaks to how much difficulty effects enemy ship, crew and Talent selection. In this case, we've increased the strength of lower difficulties (Basic, Normal and the corresponding levels of custom difficulty) to make the AI a little less cohesive and focused in these buidls.
Next Project: Cyber Knights
As we slide into 2020, we're blasting the news that our next game, Cyber Knights: Flashpoint is coming to KickStarter in February -- just a little more than 3 weeks away. You play the razor-sharp leader of a band of soldiers, hackers and thieves operating under the crumbling dome of the New Boston Zone in 2231. Built around a core of turn-based gameplay featuring stealth, hacking, ambushes, firefights and complex missions, Cyber Knights weaves the human drama story of your team, their loyalty and their sacrifice in a dehumanizing cyberpunk world.
Coming to KickStarter in FEB 2020, sign up to get the call and alerted about free first day rewards, discounts and more! We're gathering the most crackpot amazing alpha team ever and we hope you'll join us.
v3.0.27 - 1/9/2020
- Added "Show All Talents" toggle to training screen, defaults to showing all Talents even if you can't train them yet
- Added 12 new weapons to Salvage mini-game cards
- Down balanced AI crew/ship build intelligence on lower difficulties
- Captains can no longer develop the Klepto Trait under any mutation
- Improved log message when selling Rare Trade Goods
- Corrected some incorrect Trait names shown during Exploration mini-game results
- Fixed some missing action types listed under Talents (conscript, refuel, etc)
- Fixed crash in neutral arc of the Dissension Era when helping Estelle
- Fixed bug showing Trade Ban warning in Black Market while choosing to "Sell All" -- Black Market is not affected by any Conflicts
- Fixed mistaken Talent description of "Counterfeit Identity" Talent