Star Traders: Frontiers Update #196: Dogfighting Jan 16, 2020 13:53:37 GMT -5 strega, gundamgoth, and 1 more like this
Post by fallen on Jan 16, 2020 13:53:37 GMT -5
Update #196 comes barreling out of the hangar bay, locking its scopes and sights on incoming enemy bombers and immediately vectoring to engage. With this update, Interdictors on capital ship defense will now attack enemy bombers, we've added highly useful labels to the quadrant map, revamped the math backing Salvage Orbital Op, eased the time restriction on the Jyeeta achievement and more.
Interdictors have gained another key defensive capability. Those on defensive flight plans around the capital ship will now both intercept incoming torps and missiles, but will also attack bombers, shuttles and interdictors that have closed with their ship.
The targeting rules are such that any engagement / weapons fire will be soaked up by enemy interdictors, so there if you're facing stiff enemy interdictor defenses you can protect your own bombers by sending over aggressive interdictors. Beware, the enemy may do this as well, covering their bomber and shuttle assaults with aggressive interdictors.
Galactic Map Scanning
The galactic map is easier than ever to use with full quadrant names now displayed under every quadrant. Thanks to everyone in the community who has been pushing for this simple but extremely helpful change. A gross amount of time is reduced looking for a quadrant, tracking mission routes over hover. Enjoy, captains!
Salvage is the last orbital op to receive a full revamp of all of the math underlying its risk and reward factors, now joining Patrol, Spy, Blockade and ground Exploration. The updates to the math help prevent some odd catch 22 scenarios where higher Skills and stats drove the risk and reward factors in strange directions, as well as just better balancing the inputs to the entire system. As always, where you Salvage and who your Salvage crew are critical to your success, so check those factors! The Skills of Electronics, Tactics, Explorer and Repair have all gained a boost in their ability to impact card draws.
We've increased the impacts that getting involved in the Jyeeta Brood Era storyline can have on the timing of the entire quest chain. Working with the HQ commanders will extend the timeline by about 20% more than it did before Update #196, giving everyone those extra weeks needed to reach 0/100.
Next Project: Cyber Knights
The big year of 2020 has arrived and we're a few short weeks away from launching Cyber Knights: Flashpoint on KicKStarter! You play the razor-sharp leader of a band of soldiers of fortune, hackers and thieves operating under the crumbling dome of the New Boston Zone in 2231. Built around a core of turn-based gameplay featuring stealth, hacking, ambushes, firefights and complex missions, Cyber Knights weaves the human drama story of your team, their loyalty and their sacrifice in a dehumanizing cyberpunk world.
Coming to KickStarter in FEB 2020, sign up to get the call and alerted about free first day rewards, discounts and more! We're gathering the most crackpot amazing alpha team ever and we hope you'll join us.
v3.0.29 - 1/16/2019
- Interdictors on defensive flight plans will now intercept and attack enemy craft that close on their capital ship
- Interdictors can dogfight an enemy craft and shoot down an enemy torpedo or missile
- All quadrant names now visible on galactic map
- Improved Risk and Reward factors weights for Orbital Salvage including all zone stats, Rumors and other influences
- Increased Impact of Electronics and Tactics Skills during Salvage mini-game card selection
- Increased Impact of Repair and Explorer Skills during Salvage mini-game card selection
- Removed 5 negative or neutral cards from Salvage deck mix, increases positive card draws
- Added extra places where Jyeeta Era timeline can be extended by helping the HQ commanders
- Increased length of ship combat logs to 60 lines
- Fixed incorrect amount of discount shown during purchasing a new ship for "Hard Bargain" Talent