Star Traders: Frontiers Update #205 Seats of Power Mar 20, 2020 16:04:15 GMT -5 strega likes this
Post by fallen on Mar 20, 2020 16:04:15 GMT -5
Update #205 executes a clean sweep on some of the most recent and pressing requests for enhancements as well as bug reports. As we keep crafting more storylines and doing the prep work for map seeds v2, we're working hard to keep up with new community ideas, feedback and improvement suggestions. Update #205 is the result of that and includes a definite fan-favorite request -- to ensure that your Starting Contacts end up in the best seats of power. We've also added a new Alta Mesa only story-driven ship component, improved craft buying requirements, expanded the Sell All warning support to include Trade Wars and more.
Before we dig into the details, we do have some exciting news --
We are excited to share that Star Traders: Frontiers made the list of "Best 20 Space Games on PC" on Rock, Paper Shotgun! It's a list full of amazing titles and we're proud to have been selected to stand in their ranks, stare into the void and contemplate where we will all go next.
Starting Contact Locations
With Update #205, we've made some changes to the rules of how Starting Contacts pick their starting zones and allowed them to focus on the most powerful zones in each quadrant. This is a huge help to not only place your Contacts places where you might find lucrative trade and excellent orbital op chances, but also so that their services and discounts will be most effective. While the change does not guarantee that a Contact with a medical discount will always be able to provide one, it massively increases the chance that they will be able to if there are such locations in the quadrant.
In addition, for those Contacts who have some services based of the zone's attributes -- such as Military Rank, Permit, etc -- this change helps ensure they can offer those services to the fullest.
Ship Components, Craft Requirements
During the United Coalition "Buried Demons" story Era, one of the branches can lead to the Alta Mesa unlocking the Battle Bridge 2 component. To further extend the usefulness of that branch and the bridge type, that story event now also unlocks the much more expensive but more versatile Battle Bridge 3, once again only sold under the Alta Mesa flag. Such ship builders of legends can install some of the most powerful bridge command centers, for a price.
We've also modified some of the purchasing requirements for craft, reducing Economy and Military to no higher than 12 in order to ensure that every craft type is purchaseable on the default map.
Sell All into Trade Wars
During a Trade War, you may not be able to sell your goods, but for those you can you may still incur Reputation bonuses. Sell All in the Exchange now includes a warning of not only Trade Bans but Trade Wars as well.
This update list is long with a lot of other improvements and fixes as well, so be sure to check the full list. We've improved the display of Era recruiting bonuses so that you can see exactly what the bonus is, not just the sum of the level bonuses. If you were reviewing recruits from Contacts, the click pattern is now better to avoid dropping you back to the Contact's main services list.
And a ton more -- check out the full list!
v3.0.51 - 3/20/2020
- Improved starting Contact placement to prefer high economy / high population zones
- Reduced Economy requirement for high level craft to maximum of 12 to ensure playable on default map
- Alta Mesa's story-driven acquisition of Battle Bridge 2 component now includes Battle Bridge 3 as well -- even better, more expensive
- "Sell All" option in the Exchange now correctly warns of Trade Wars and potential Reputation loss
- Improved display of recruiting Era level boost -- always visible in Spice Hall and Contact recruit, just lists bonus (+3 bonus) instead of total level
- Improved description of Talents that push/pull friends and enemies to be more consistent
- Improved Boarding Victory Talents so that if they fail for any reason (Macabre Harvest but no cargo space) they do not consume a boarding action
- Improved description for "Trader's Reciprocity" Merchant Talent to be clear it is based on the Trade Permit of local faction (not Contact)
- Fixed click pattern with reviewing recruits from Contacts forcing reopen of recruit screen
- Fixed issue with UCF Emissary and Commander missions and resulting Contacts face/name mismatch
- Fixed issue with Contact "Learn Rumor" logs appearing in Ship Combat victory logs
- Fixed issue with Plasma, Fire and Radiation Damage Logging in Crew Combat
- Fixed issue with "Coalition Patrol" cards in orbital ops describing an encounter with a standard faction ship
- Fixed issues where Trade Ban icon was used instead of Trade War in some exchange screens