Star Traders: Frontiers Update #206: Peak Velocity Mar 30, 2020 12:21:20 GMT -5 strega, exxodus, and 1 more like this
Post by fallen on Mar 30, 2020 12:21:20 GMT -5
Update #206 lifts off from the starport with new ship components, rebalances for existing components and level 5 and 6 ship weapons as well as clarified descriptions for all orbital ops components. We've also adjusted the rules for the time spent recruiting, the prices during short, mid and long range missions and fixed a number of issues reported by the community.
The updates must flow, and if you like the steady stream of new and improved -- please leave a review!
Peak Velocity Matrix
A longstanding favorite medium slot component, the Peak Velocity Matrix has always lacked a progression of improvements. With Update #206, we've added a PVM 2 and PVM 3 to give your highly range change focused ships more options with their build. This has naturally come with a downtick in the abilities of the starting PVM 1, reducing its Range Change bonus a bit to help it fit into the progression better.
Orbital Ops Clarification
Orbital Ops components do not stack their effects. If have two Spying components installed that both increase Intel, only the better one will work. This is now clearly indicated in the components description ("does not stack"). In addition, whenever these ops components are called in to use they suffer Damage which is now also noted in the description ("damage on use").
Ship Weapons 5 & 6
The on-going rebalance of ship weapons has now moved down into the level 5 range with big price increases coming across the board. We've completed this additional sweep of rebalance along with testing out the changes to the AI's ability to purchase these upgrades. More powerful ship weaponry at level 5 is now in line with the prices of 6, 7 and 8th level weaponry.
Every recruit and dismissal now takes 1 turn, a feature that has been too long overlooked. While you won't burn a ton of time recruiting, its important that meeting a pool of recruits -- or individual from a Contact -- chew up some game time.
We've rebalanced prices on missions focusing on the different classes of short, mid and long distance missions as we look at their prices. Update #206 also includes a fix for the Trade War warning that went into Sell All last update, what we added was basically the inverse of what it needed to be. Finally, Talents like "Unfaltering Ire" and other purging debuffs now properly knock an enemy out of Stealth.
v3.0.53 - 3/29/2020
- Added two new ship components, Peak Velocity Matrix 2 and 3, rebalanced existing Peak Velocity Matrix
- Added note to description of orbital ops and exploration components -- "does not stack, damaged on use"
- Rebalanced ship weapons and increased costs at Level 5 and 6
- Recruiting and Dismissing recruits now takes a few hours (1 Turn) each
- Adjusted prices on short, mid and long distance missions
- Fixed issue where Talents like "Unfaltering Ire" were not purging Stealth buffs from target
- Fixed warning for "Sell All" option in Exchange about Trade Wars being inverse of correct warning
- Prevented Templar zones from getting certain Rumors that do not fit