Star Traders: Frontier Update #210: Worlds Unseen May 18, 2020 23:18:36 GMT -5 strega and drspendlove like this
Post by fallen on May 18, 2020 23:18:36 GMT -5
Update #210 releases a new pack of art for landing zone environments, some new wrinkles to the Jyeeta Brood Era, reworks the Wing Bomber Job and addresses a big pile of community feedback that has come in over the last week. As always, a big thanks goes out to the captain's sailing the void, posting feedback, suggestions and as always -- reviews!
Without further delay, let's get into the details!
New Zone Art
We're going on a bit of a quest to add even more art to the game, starting with environmental art. This release includes a new ice world wilderness, ice world outpust (low Population), desert outpost (low Population) and new art for high military prime worlds, slotted in for Cadar and Steel Song's prime worlds.
Once the Brood Era has started, a Xeno Hunter's Talents that seek out xeno will now have a chance to spawn Jyeeta over Terrox. If you're into hunting xeno then the big game will be available if you look for it. They already appear in other forms through Rumors, operations cards and travel events but this is one more way the Jyeeta are not forgotten after their Brood.
We've also adjusted the weighting of fighting Jyeeta xeno on the ground and in the void outside of missions during the Brood. There is a reduction to the Brood Score and this was previously equal between ship and explorer fights. We've adjusted this balance to put a bit more weight to taking out their ships traveling the void, and therefore far more xeno than those you might encounter in a ground fight.
Based on some great community feedback, we identified a weakness in the Wing Bomber and juggled the Skill progression around to push Electronics into their primary slot and Pilot as secondary. This helps the crew member who is a Wing Bomber be far more capable of flying high level craft and gaining all of the best bonuses. Certainly, a craft still may be beyond their ability but if they fly a craft within their ability range, their Electronics and Pilot line up in the way seen with Wing Leaders, etc.
With Update #210, we fixed a price issue with the large slot Advanced Medical Clinic where it was in fact cheaper than the lower level option. In this adjustment and major price hike, we've also tweaked its stat line to have slightly lower mass than the lower level option, making it even more appealing.
There were a few cases -- including a Salvage card that killed a Contact and a few story Contact deaths -- in which a Contact might die and all of their missions would not be effectively cancelled. We've closed these few loopholes to tight up the entire system.
In Exploring, you Captain's Wisdom is used to influence the value of the Rare Reward category, specifically to add to a Very Rare pool. It was not being properly displayed in the Risk and Reward categories, the display made Wisdom look like a non-factor when it is actually notably important. Not to mention it has a big impact on the decision of 2/3 or 3/2 positive and negative cards! Exploring barren and unforgiving wilderness is a game of the wise.
Wishlist Cyber Knights!
If you haven't seen our next title, take a minute to peak and punch that Wishlist button!
v3.0.63 - 5/18/2020
- Added 4 new landing zone environments -- new art for glacial wilderness, ice world outposts, desert outposts and Cadar and Steel Song prime worlds
- After the start of the Jyeeta Brood Era, all xeno hunter Talents that seek xeno have a chance to turn up Jyeeta
- Rebalanced brood score effect of fighting jyeeta ship and ground forces outside of missions, ships now worth more points
- Rebuilt Skill progression of "Wing Bomber" Job, now better match for bomber craft, Electroncis is primary, Pilot second, Tactics tertiary
- Increased price of "Advanced Medical Clinic" large slot component, reduced its mass by 50
- Fixed bugs with Salvage card and few story arcs killing Contacts that could leave their Missions active
- Fixed Reward Factor listing of Wisdom to take into account its impact on Very Rare rewards
- Fixed missing ship image when jumping Extremis Carrier
- Fixed incorrect icon for Rare Trade Goods in contact display