After playing a lot with random maps please find below some feedback for your consideration(some of those may be already in the game, but I was not able to deduce it):
- Hyperwarp gates on big quadrants maps (if 2 or less) would be nice to be spawned in a 15-20au circle from the center of the map(helps new players starting in a v high danger >=10 quadrant at the start of the game). One would think that the Alfaans would've been efficient in their gate placements (to some extent ... hopefully ) - High danger quadrants should offer nicer planets for CC recruiting(weighted more towards either larger size or high danger or thin/dense atmo) as an incentive for starting in them (I don't know if there is a rule already in place for this, from my experience this is not always the case)
- balance distance(# of jumps) from starting location to the faction homeworld/High Prince (having this one local is a big boon in my opinion -- 1-4 jumps away would be nice enough)
- balance distance from starting location to Farfallen Rim (1-4 jumps away would be nice to have)
- RTG should add +1-2 danger the quadrant imo (because they offer a big boon trade/pirating wise)
- spiral, elliptical or ring shaped galaxies
- discovering +reactivating dormant faster gates to connect distant backwater corners of the map would be very cool (1-2 per map --maybe mission with high investment time/money/resources but big rewards +influence). I imagine a 3D map here , so max 6weeks travel from point to point (2-3 month jumps would not be very healthy for a low morale crew)
Thanks for reading.
If you want to run cool You got to run On Heavy water-fuel!