Star Traders: Update #232 Major Milestone "CATALYST" Oct 12, 2020 14:33:53 GMT -5 strega and lordscrod like this
Post by fallen on Oct 12, 2020 14:33:53 GMT -5
With Update #232 we're hitting another major milestone, dubbed SCIENCE with huge raft of new content, a new playstyle to chase and a 12% raise to the maximum level cap.
Major Milestone CATALYST introduces the Scientist who can fill the iconic position aboard your starship as your Science Officer or perhaps your xenobiologist or part time xeno hunter. Your Scientist eagerly seeks the unknown -- and in the void the unknown is inexorably intertwined with the dangerous. Along with the Scientist comes an entirely new type of Scientific Intel that can be gathered when encounter xeno, exploring, salvaging or traveling space under terribly conditions such as Radiation Storms.
This Milestone also raises the level cap from 40 to 45 and all jobs have had their max level expanded from 32 to 36. This is a major new infusion of Skill points for everyone and up to 2 new Talents for both Captain and Officers.
And if you haven't seen it, we're excited to be sharing our upcoming turn-based tactical RPG, Cyber Knights: Flashpoint which will be coming to Steam in 2021. Mixing elements of stealth, hacking and tactical combat with deep RPG elements and base building, you'll want to Wishlist today if you haven't already. If you didn't know, now you know.
To keep up with all the latest news, sales, gameplay vids, guides & tips from the forums & discord, streams, memes, and more, follow us on the Star Traders' twitter account: twitter.com/StarTradersGame
Scientist Job and Scientific Intel
Major Milestone CATALYST comes with a new Job, but not just any new Job -- the highest community requested, the venerable and respected Scientist or Science Officer, if you chose to promote. The Scientist is a powerful supporting character bringing Doctor, Explorer and Command Skills to the ship. From a Talent perspective, the Scientist can play in both Orbital Salvage and Explorer, knocking out and replacing risk cards or boosting results.
But where the Scientist truly shines is in the discovery and capture of a new type of data -- Scientific Intel. Startling observations, dangerous new concepts, recorded anomalies, encounters with the other can all produce Scientific Intel when cast through the lens of a trained eyed -- the eye of the Scientist. The Scientists Talents and 5 new cards added across Salvage and Explorer can impart this valuable and dangerous knowledge in the form of Scientific Intel.
Like espionage-based Intel, this Scientific Intel is highly prized by Contacts and 14 Contacts will now buy Scientific Intel, including 5 of the Starting Contacts. Mostly, these are a Contacts who did not previously buy Intel and now have a new angle through which you can increase their Influence and Rep, but a few are swap overs from Intel to Scientific Intel. The new rules and system have also touched on a huge number of Contact Traits that will recruit Scientists or prefer to purchase Scientific Intel if possible or will pay heavily (Cult Leaders!) for the secrets, often farmed directly from xeno encounters.
Scientists can be promoted or recruited during Academy Graduations or from Sage of Records, Medical Provost and Xenologist Contact Types.
New Level Cap 45
For those veteran captains still sailing the void after 70 years and reaching the level cap of 40, we've made a major lift with CATALYST to open the gates all the way to 45. This also includes a big uptick in maximum job level from 32 to 36. The job levels are especially exciting as they come with a solid chunk of Skill points which we've used creatively to fill gaps, catch up certain off skills, or double down on the primary skill. On top of the extra Skill points, the Captain and Officers both net a total of 2 Talents, giving you even more powerful build options.
Zenrin-only Vark Carrier
The Vark Carrier is a technical marvel and the heaviest 6000-class hull architecture ever devised. While the exact details of the design are a tightly-held Zenrin secret, the build borrows heavily from the expertise of Zenrin's friends among the Star Trader Houses and Clans. While the Vark is heavily shielded and armored, the massive hull is built around the Traveler Void Engine, rather than the Dual-Field popular on large warships, strictly for speed. Zenrin Captains, and the fearless aces of small craft combat stand ready to face any Xeno threat, no matter how distant. Among the 6000-class ships, the Vark Carrier is the only one capable of docking 5 craft.
We've also updated the rules for the Spice Festival Rumor to further reduce Trade Law, now applying a massive -4 over the previously -2.
And, for those Spies selling traditional Intel, we've bumped up the price of Conflict Intel to which the Contact is directly related by more than 50%.
We've also fixed the Armor/Shield stats on Performance Hyperwarp Drives and rebalanced the prices of both Neutiquam Cruiser and resolved its issue of having 8/7 Officer Cabins.
v3.0.111 - 10/12/2020
- Increased max level cap to 45 for all Captain, Officer and Crew -- new Job and Talents points!
- Increased max level of all Jobs from 32 to 36 -- more Skill points!
- Added new Zenrin-only ship, the mighty Vark Carrier (6000M Zenrin, heavy attack Carrier)
- All new Scientist Job seeks the unknown in the void to gain Scientific Intel and bonus Experience
- All new type of Scientific Intel can be gathered through ops and Talents and sold to interested Contacts
- 14 Contacts including 5 starting Contacts now buy Scientific Intel
- Added 3 new Orbital Salvage cards and 2 new Explorer cards with Scientific Intel rewards
- Scientists can be recruited from Sage of Records, Medical Provost and Xenologist
- Added new Contact Trait Technologist, increases price for Scientific Data and recruits Scientists
- Contacts with Tinkerer, Techno Addict, Heritage Hunter, Xeno Obsessed, Cult Leader, Collector and Researcher all buy Scientific Intel at better prices
- Contact Trait Researcher will enable buying Scientific Intel if the Contact doesn't already buy Intel
- Scientist is recruitable during Academy Graduation Rumors and in any Spice Hall in the Jyeeta Brood quadrant
- Spice Festival Rumor now reduces Trade Law by -4 instead of -2
- Increased the sale price of Conflict Intel when the Contact's faction is involved in the Conflict
- Fixed issue with Neutiquam Cruiser having 8 officer cabins
- Fixed issue with Performance Hyperwarp Drives having too much armor/shield
- Increased price of Neutiquam Cruiser by $500K
- Increased price of Extremis Carrier by $425K