Star Traders: Frontiers Update #237: Junker Life Oct 28, 2020 14:51:43 GMT -5 strega, drspendlove, and 1 more like this
Post by fallen on Oct 28, 2020 14:51:43 GMT -5
Update #237 keeps hammering on the mission theme and with 8 new missions and all new Salvage Mission types it helps us close out another Content Expansion Goal from our dev roadmap. Since the update and its new missions are all focused on Salvage, this is the moment we've been waiting for to buff the Scavenger Captain's Traits toward these mission activities.
With CATALYST full released two weeks ago and +18 new mission types and 2 major new categories of missions rolled out, we're excited to announce we've hit the content expansion for missions and have officially struck it from the roadmap. The list is getting smaller all the time now. Onwards to Weapons, Armor and Gear!
If word hasn't trickled down from the tippity top of the dome, seeped through the cracked concrete down to your safehouse, we've got news for you about our upcoming turn-based cyberpunk RPG. Cyber Knights: Flashpoint will be coming to Steam in 2021 and mixes elements of stealth, hacking and tactical combat with deep RPG elements and base building. You'll want to Wishlist this puppy today because -- that's right, you can get cyberdog and cybercat companions. If you didn't know, now you know.
@startradersgame is out of drydock on twitter!
You may already be following us on Facebook and on the @tresebrothers twitter, but we're now sharing news, sales, gameplay vids, guides & tips from the forums & discord, streams, memes, and more on Star Traders' own twitter account: twitter.com/StarTradersGame
Those Contacts who offer Salvage Missions just got a lot more serious about it! They will now replace their usual Conflict-related mission offer with an offer to run Salvage Missions at any Salvage Rumor you already know. They rely on your intelligence to uncover the Rumors, so you need to either use your own Traits, Talents or their Learn Rumor service to track down viable Rumors. Once granted, you can play the Salvage Mission like a Patrol or Blockade Mission, hunting that all important golden card. Watch out -- orbital salvage can be a harsh master. In my last testing run, I made $200,000 credits in rich salvage, lost 2 crew members to death saves, killed 2 bands of pirates, got one of my Contacts killed, gained a Relic Weapon and finally completed the 2 Salvage Missions I had been chasing to the tune of $400,000. Whew, what an exciting couple of weeks!
This new capability of the mission system also opens up the future potential to make more missions that are driven by Rumors -- embargos, civil unrest, artifact finds and more, oh my!
Scavenger Captain Traits
With the new Salvage-based missions arriving, we've taken this moment to buff both of the Scavenger Captain's starting Traits. First, the Junker Trait now includes a +10% chance to draw Salvage mission cards along with the ability to repair whenever salvaging. Second, we've changed when the Roughneck Trait runs to make it far more effective. Previously running only when the Captain spiced, it is now run whenever the crew spices which vastly increases the chances of turning up new and exciting Salvage Rumors -- which you need for your Salvage missions!
Also, the Junker Trait now grants a repair bonus when salvaging at the wreck of a xeno ship, so enjoy that.
Not to mention their rank 11 "Rescue Mission" Talent finally makes sense =D
Ship Component Fixes
A huge thanks to everyone in the community posting different issues and bugs. We fixed a mix up in the shopping categories for Mass Modulators and Reducers with #237 as well as fixing the price on the newly introduced Reinforced / Shielded Passenger Cabins and Prison Cells.
Finally, we fixed a longstanding bug that has been kicking around, Salvage Bay 5s were not working in some of the conditions of salvage.
v3.0.121 - 10/28/2020
- Added new type of Missions -- Salvage missions to zones with Salvage Rumors
- All new way to run missions in the highest risk/reward orbital operation
- Added 8 new multi-step Salvage missions -- high risk and high reward!
- Improved Scavenger Trait "Junker" to add Salvage Missions start with +10% chance to draw Mission card
- Improved Scavenger Trait "Roughneck" so it runs whenever anyone spices, not just the Captain -- far more effective
- Increased availability of Intel and Scientific Intel missions from interested Contacts
- Added new score to captain's log scores -- number of crew battles faced in explorer
- Fixed issue where Scavenger Trait "Junker" was not properly firing against xeno ships salvaged
- Fixed issues with Salvage Bay 5 and salvaging bonus when destroying human ships
- Fixed category organization issues in Mass Modulator and Reducers
- Fixed prices on Shielded/Reinforced Passenger Cabins and Prison Cells
- Improved display of faction in mission that are anti-Hunna