Star Traders F: Save 35% on Major Milestone "GREAT HOUSES" Jan 25, 2021 23:05:10 GMT -5 strega, exxodus, and 2 more like this
Post by fallen on Jan 25, 2021 23:05:10 GMT -5
We're celebrating the launch of GREAT HOUSES major milestone and the new default map for v2 with a 35% off sale. This major milestone is packed with new -- new default map, a new boarding specialist Job Saboteur, new Contact types and Traits, new mission plotting features and new trade route opportunities in rebalanced economies.
Already our 4th big update of the year, we're welcoming 2021 with new features, new content and more. If you're enjoying the constant stream of free updates, please share the game with a friend and be sure to leave a review.
If word hasn't trickled down from the tippity top of the New Boston spires, leaked below the streets and drip-drip-dripped into your safehouse, we're here to tell you about our upcoming turn-based cyberpunk heist RPG. Cyber Knights: Flashpoint will be coming to Steam in 2021 and mixes stealth, hacking and tactical combat with deep RPG elements and a unique heist system for missions. The wishlist button is calling your name, Knight. If you didn't know, now you know.
New Default Map and Faction
In November, we opened up map seed v2 with the CARTOGRAPHER update, inviting every captain to enjoy new, improved and even larger galactic maps. With GREAT HOUSES, we're finishing that arc by upgrading the game's default map to a map seed v2 map. We owe a huge thank you to the entire community who joined us is in the hunt for map seed v2's default. Many captains spent many hours looking for the perfect fit. In the end, the honor goes to @wilky with assist from shad1902 who helped convince us of the merits of the amazing 42 quadrant that was finally selected: "st-v02-42-2-53091310"
Of course, you can continue to play the original default map as long as you like but for new players this new and exciting map v2 default will greet them on their first playthrough.
Cadar has long had the honor of being the default faction due to a poll held during the Kickstarter, but it time has come to pass the crown to a GREAT HOUSE and so Thulun has now taken the position as default faction.
New Boarding Specialist: Saboteur
The Saboteur job rolls out totally new abilities as well as taking new angles on existing specialties. The Saboteur is a boarding specialist, with a total of 5 amazing boarding victory Talents capable of smashing ship, crew and morale. They also can unleash totally unique boarding combat abilities -- the ability to damage a Void Engine and to increase the number of boarding Talents that can be used in any boarding run from 2 to 3.
In addition, Saboteurs have the option to fly boarding shuttles to get themselves and their boarding party onto the enemy ship from long ranges. Either way, when they clash in combat they can deploy a bevy of debuffing pistol attacks from the midranks. They also join Spy as another Stealth and Pistol combination, giving new options for Job combinations.
For any boarding focused ship combat and for carrier builds, the Saboteur opens up new and exciting possibilities to improve your builds!
Saboteurs can be hired from Contacts or during Spice Festival Rumors in the spice hall and those that hail from the Rychart Syndicate get an Attribute boost.
New Contacts and Traits
With GREAT HOUSES, we've added 2 new Contact types -- the Ex-Mining Chief and the Racketeer. Both offer Black Market services and can recruit Saboteurs as well as other exciting services to fill in underworld economic side of Contacts.
We've also added 2 new Contact Traits -- "Conspirator" which reduces mission pay, increases Intel prices, may offer Black Market and recruits Saboteurs. And finally, "Hawkish" increases mission pay, increases hostile missions and recruits Commanders.
Offered and Accepted Missions
With GREAT HOUSES, we've improved the offered and accepted mission displays across the game and fixed a few bugs introduced by Update #249. From the Contact screen where you are offered missions, you can now directly open the Galactic Map to look at your missions and help plot out there routes.
The icons used on the quadrant map are now more clear -- showing the standard mission icon for those quadrants that have an accepted mission, a grayed out icon with a blue plus for those quadrants that only have an offered mission and a standard mission icon and the blue plus for those quadrants where there are both active missions and offered missions waiting.
We keep improving here, but for now the fastest way to check your routes is to open the mission list and pin it back so you can see where each mission is quickly.
Rebalanced Economies and Components
Some economics got a refresh this update,
We've improved fuel bonuses for Fuel Tank and Large Fuel Tank components as well as removing Jump Cost from multiple medical components and fixed the low sale price on high-end Barracks.
Finally, we added 2 new keybindings for quick landing on zones from orbit. Enjoy!
v3.1.25 - 1/25/2021
- New default map from map v2 "st-v02-42-2-53091310" -- huge thanks to @wilky, shad1902 and everyone who contributed to the exhaustive search!
- New default faction rises from the GREAT HOUSES: Thulun
- New Job "Saboteur" excels at debuffing pistol fighting and boarding Talents, option to fly boarding shuttle
- Saboteurs recruited from Rychart spice hall or Contacts will have best Attributes
- 15 new Talents for Saboteur including multiple unique Talent types, all new boarding abilities
- New Contact Types: "Ex-Mining Chief" and "Racketeer" recruit Saboteur and offer Black Market
- New Contact Trait "Conspirator": less mission pay, higher Intel price, may offer Black Market, recruits Saboteurs
- New Contact Trait "Hawkish": bonus mission pay, more hostile missions, recruits Commanders
- Added 30 new Barks with Lore about Factions, Jobs and Planets
- Saboteurs can be recruited during Spice Festival Rumors
- Commanders can be recruited during Starport Boom and UCF Recruitment Drive Rumors
- Rebalanced and increased Rare Trade Good Demands for Luxury Population, Orbital and Refinery Zones
- Improved Soldier's "Ferocious Crossfire" Talent to add additional damage up to Rifle Skill
- Reworked trade economy for Hydrogen and Methane Fuel
- Reworked trade economy for Refined Spice and Spice
- Buffed Fuel Storage of 'Fuel Tank' and 'Large Fuel Tank' components
- Removed Jump Cost penalty from several Medical Bay components
- Fixed ridiculously low sale and repair prices on some Barracks modules
- Fixed a bug preventing Traits increasing price of Intel and Scientific Intel sales from applying bonus
- Fixed Linux crash on opening mission list, occasional incorrect display of pending mission as accepted
- Jump to galactic map directly from Contact mission offer to better plot routes
- Improved display of offered and active missions on the galactic map
- Improved filtering of Mission list for "Narrative" to include story missions and story objectives
- Added new keybinding for Landing on Zones from Orbit for better keyboard play