Post by pokerjunky on Dec 10, 2012 23:29:52 GMT -5
updated documentation, nice! found it. there is no link to it in the help file menu but it is listed in the table with all the other officers.
most people will assume it is not in the documentation if the other officers are listed in the menu and Tradesman and Bodyguard are not. one easy solution to this kind of interface problem is to eliminate the submenu links, leaving only Officers as the link to the whole table. it might take another few seconds of scrolling for people but that is better than overlooking the information they need. one less detail for you to worry about in the future when you make officer changes.
speaking of Bodyguard... it looks like she might offer protection from wounding when i am exploring. interesting.
- Boarding bonuses - 20,000 credit bonus for destroying alien ships - Wilderness landing bonus - Bonus vs. aliens for explore/harvest - Increase pay for bounty (capture and destroy) contracts - Enslave crew bonus
Mechanic Officer "Many upgrades available" or "Mechanic stranded" urban zone rumor Repair bonuses increase per metal in hold (+1 repair strength/unit) Repair bonuses increase per crystal in hold (+0.5 repair strength/unit)
- Repairs ship from solar and deep-space accidents - Wild zone repair bonus - Urban landing bonus - Discount for Star dock solar repairs
Pilot Officer "Spice hall overflowing" urban zone rumor Pilot bonuses increase per spice in hold (+1% pilot bonus/unit)
- Increases Pilot - Urban landing bonus - Avoids radiation storms - Defense bonus vs. ram damage - Increase pay for passenger contracts
Political Officer "Closed exchange" or "Political officer stranded" urban zone rumor Negotiate bonuses increase per spice in hold (+1 negotiate skill/unit)
- Increases Negotiate - Warns of trade embargoes - Tells you when you've been deceived in contracts - Alters rep needed for a closed exchange and palace
Scout Officer "Very skilled scouts" wilderness rumor Explore/harvest bonuses increase per records in hold (+0.5 explorer skill/unit)
- Explore/Harvest bonuses - Wilderness landing bonus - Slightly increases Negotiate - Protects 1 contract from search (unlocked with award) - Increase pay for package contracts
Spy Officer "Closed stardock" urban zone rumor Surveillance bonus increases per electronic in hold (+1 surveillance strength/unit)
- Surveillance bonus - Makes "buy rumor" always free - Tells you when there are no good rumors - Increase pay for surveillance contracts - Rep bonus for spy battle trades
First Mate "Major starport expansion" urban zone rumor and in home planet Morale bonus increases per vodka in hold (+1 morale strength/unit)
- Morale bonus - Navigation bonus (less deep-space encounters, accidents) - Mutiny bonus for "fight" (unlocked with award) - Morale and supply advice
Alien Veteran Officer "Alien attacks" wilderness rumor Combat bonuses increase per artifact in hold (+1 combat strength/unit)
- Combat bonuses vs. aliens - 250,000 credit bonus for destroying alien ships - Increased aliens for dead planet patrols - Loot torpedo bonus - Increase pay for destroy contracts - Reduced crew morale vs. non-aliens
callidus, It is a little known fact that in the short period after the Exodus, there were only two types of alcoholic beverages to survive.
The most common type of alcohol was Vudka, which has its origins traced all the way back to Rossia, on the human home world of Earth (historians have little knowledge about Rossia other than the fact there were dancing bears and their military had Cusacks running around - presumably on top of the bears).
The other type of alcohol to survive the exodus was a wine called Rouge.
It was Rychart who tried to push Rouge as the alcoholic beverage of choice. At the time, Rychart was undercapitalized, and was also attempting to dominate the quadrant through aggressive tactics. Unfortunately, Red wine caused more hangovers than Vudka did, and Rychart captains often had raging headaches when enemy factions encountered them.
As such, Rouge is rumored to be one of the key reasons why Rychart became the inferior syndicate, and resorted to producing fashionable hats instead of alcohol.
Nonetheless, there are still a number of Rouge traders out there, trying to reinvigorate the market for an alternative to Vudka.
Oh ... here is an archival photo found of a Rossian Cusack
Last Edit: Feb 28, 2013 23:52:24 GMT -5 by slayernz