I'm sure you can data mine every comm and camera feed on his ship for the last year, a well as hack into his records and logs. Literally no reason to keep him alive except to have to fight him again later.
Post by wascalwywabbit on Nov 30, 2016 22:53:17 GMT -5
A arm or hand of baddie vs a potential life of an ally? Yeah... No bueno, my online comrades chose well.
I was thinking that 2 faced, forked tongue bastard could take way more harm. So his lying, selfish, money grubbing dangerous ways can end now imo. He has proven he neither has position or character deserving deference. His own uncaring for our team has proven his worth.
beverage - well said, I will take that as another vote for Raven with the intent to capture! While there was a momentary uprising for "kill 'im!" which nearly took the vote, it has been curbed again by some level-headed folk
Post by wascalwywabbit on Dec 1, 2016 2:41:26 GMT -5
Are you sure that's the "level headed" approach..? Either way its a loss of will, a temporary one allowing revenge, for our spacers potential gain. Dogs with no alpha will always potentially harm the weak ones when provoked in a desperate pack or state... Darth Wabbit the Wise has warned you. MUWAHAHAHA!
Sure their might've been blow back if we killed 'im too, but space is a dangerous place for careless money grubbing BHs, the lowest officially sanctioned policing agents of the quadrants. They don't even always get the mighty pardon like secret illegal assassins do... They're used because they're "expendable".
I feel like I'm now somehow gonna have to escape this pollyannaish children's cartoon, something I'm well experienced at. Aussies always seem to forget their very continent wants them all dead. :-p
I'm not opposed to taking an extra brain hemisphere, he's got two of those, the one connected to his remaining eye and ear, if he lies to us. You take half of the right things and it's almost like taking all of 'im... Should I now mention my dad's childhood and early adult friends were NY mobsters kids from the 1930s-50s...? Ok that may be too much, but still, bad guys always come back. Make no mistake, violent vigilantes are bad guys if they don't even try a ounce of diplomacy or passive "leverage". Haven't you guys watched tv?
Here's page 13 of Vigilante Sky - also posted to our Patreon! Pg 12 offered a Choice Poll on who picked up the gun and their intention, and it came up as Raven with the gun, intention to capture the bounty hunter.
There was enough commentary about Zippo taking a shot that the final ended up a little bit of a mix. Revenge of a flying knee is sweet.
In the next minutes of the story, we're going to introduce the other 2 major officers working with Captain Ava.
So, this poll is all about creating those characters -- name, appearance, job, traits, personality quirks, backstory -- basically anything you want to provide, about these last two major characters. I will keep a running post of the "top ideas" and everyone can weigh in on what they like, or provide their own additions to the story.
In the end, I will synthesize two new crew members from the top input, so it is important to chime in if you see someone else post something you like too.
Here are some things to consider:
[+] We're looking for interesting folks here! These are the last two permanent crew members who are on the ship at the start of the story. We want each one to be unique and awesome in their own way. Really, with a crew of 5, every crew member is basically an officer.
[+] Looking for one male and one female officer. We skipped anyone with military training last time, so we need to make sure we include that this time around. A deadly sniper, a grizzled old veteran, a careening swordsman, a spy?
When you post your comment, please start with the following aspects for one or both characters:
[+] Job (think Officers in ST, ... Mechanic, Spy, Diplomat, Scout, wise old man).
[+] Two character strengths and two character flaws
This conversation is likely to bounce back and forth between the forum and here, so post anywhere you like and I will collate the results.
As a reminder where we landed last time Raven Leclaire
- Medical Officer with an obsessive love of studying the quadrants Flora and Fauna, Always badgering the captain to land on this god for saken rock or that for her hobby. Despite this she is one of the most highly skilled medical proffessionals in the quadrent.
- Highly respected by the rest of the crew as she has saved their lives more than once, whether an ice collection accident or battle injuries.
- Petite yet fit and strong (from those meandering biology expeditions) with short hair and a calm reassuring face.
- Never falters or hesitates to help her wounded comrades or the innocent even at the risk of her own skin and fiercely loyal to her captain.
- Never shuts up about this plant or this bug or that microbe!!! Don't give her too much Vudka though, annoying drunk
... and ...
Apone "Zippo" Mitchell
- Ace pilot
- Fearless when flying and in the face of death
- Has lots of experience, came up through a hard childhood on an independent world before Capt Avenira spotted his talent
- Phobic of strangers and crowds (stuttering, uncoordinated around them), is only really comfortable on his ship with his crew
- Takes almost sadistic pleasure in scaring the sh*t out of his crew with absurd yet brilliant maneuvers and will likely be the death of his captain, not with a crash but through stress[/i